Fun stuff on Saturday
Boise Goddess Fest is Saturday & Sunday at Expo Idaho. Lots of local vendors, entertainment & more. Free to attend!
Run Wild at Zoo Boise is a kids fun run through the zoo! Starts at 8am and includes zoo admission for the day. Kids encouraged to dress up like their fave animal or superhero. Cute.
Family Fun Fest is happening at Meridian Crossroads from 10am-1pm. Car show, face painting, lego bus, princesses & more. It's free!
The Summer Cosplay Gathering 2022 is 10am-2pm at Kleiner Park in Meridian. It's free and all ages!
A Very Merry Christmas in July is happening 10am-4pm at State Street Marketplace. Get a big head start on your xmas shoppin!
The 3rd Colombian Festival is happening 1-9:30pm at Settlers Park in Meridian. Celebrate and learn about Colombian culture.
Revenge of the Beer Nerds, a beer release bicycle relay to benefit Radio Boise, is happening at 2pm starting at Handlebar. Sounds fun!
Join Surel's Place for Disclosing the Obscure: The Lost Cinematic Art of the Camera Obscura. It's a workshop teaching the construction of various camera obscura prototypes, ranging from the most basic to more creative possibilities of this ancient proto-cinematic art form. Tix are $45 and goes 1-4pm.
Boise Trails Challenge Film
The Boise Trails Challenge just wrapped up. It's a competition to see how many trails you can finish in one month. It was started by Jason Delgadillo, an avid mountain biker and trails advocate who tragically passed away in a biking accident in May 2018. Since then, his challenge has grown massively and become a beloved annual event.
The Boise Trails Challenge Film tells the story of Jason and the challenge he started. It's premiering on Monday, July 25 at 7pm at the Egyptian Theatre. Watch the film trailer here.
Sponsored by Idaho Public Television
If you haven't yet...
you gotta watch Flipping The Script. It's an amazing short film from Idaho Public Television about Open Arms Dance Project, an inclusive, multi-generational dance company based in Boise. The film is part of a #PBSForTheArts initiative highlighting arts organizations that kept creating through the pandemic.
Tunes & shows
Lots of fun shows this weekend/next week!
Tonight: Indie rockers Sarah & the Sundays (listen) at Neurolux will be a fun show.
Friday: There's a local indie showcase at The Knitting Factory, roots rock band Heartless Bastards (listen) are kicking off two nights at Neurolux, and country blues band Andrew Sheppard Band (listen) is playing in Caldwell.
Next week: Folk faves Caamp (listen) + pop rockers Future Birds (listen) will be fun out at Outlaw Field. Rock fans will be stoked on Wednesday, when locals The French Tips (listen) and Wavves (listen) play Alive After Five and Rachaels Children (listen) play Neurolux. I was bummed to miss Rachaels Children at Treefort but I heard they rip!
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Th July 21 @ 6pm: Scott Pemberton O Theory at Idaho Botanical Garden
- Th July 21 @ 8pm: Sarah and the Sundays at Neurolux
- Th July 21 @ 9pm: Sheverb at Pengilly Saloon
- Fri July 22 @ 7pm: Crush The Monster + The Jerkwadz + Sunsmith + Krimm + Neocentrics at Knitting Factory
- Fri July 22 @ 8pm: Heartless Bastards [night one] + aka Belle at Neurolux
- Fri July 22 @ 9pm: Andrew Sheppard Band at Indian Creek Steakhouse
- Sat July 23 @ 8pm: Heartless Bastards [night two] at Neurolux
- Sun July 24 @ 8pm: Roselit Bone + Gipsy Moonrise at Neurolux
- Tu July 26 @ 7:30pm: Caamp + Future Birds at Idaho Botanical Garden
- Wed July 27 @ 5pm: Wavves + The French Tips at Alive After Five (Grove Plaza)
- Wed July 27 @ 8pm: Rachaels Children + Blix + Plum Vision at Neurolux
- Wed July 27 @ 8pm: Anna Tivel + Nick Delffs at The Olympic
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Comedy & storytelling
- TONIGHT: Sophia Hendrickson is doing stand up at The Lounge at the End of the Universe. Starts at 7pm and tix are $10.
- TONIGHT: Tom Segura is at Idaho Central Arena. Tix start at $39.50 and show starts at 8pm.
- Sat July 23: Amanda Arnold is at Watson's Mystery Cafe from 6:30-8pm. Tix are $15-$50.
- Sat July 23: Comic of the Month comedy competition is 7-9pm at Mad Swede Brew Hall. Tix are $15-$60.
Food finds & things to drink
- Did you see that Clairvoyant Brewing has a new location in Garden City? Check it out at 9115 W Chinden.
- Have you ever been to Antigua Coffee Company in Meridian? I have not but I am very soon to try the pupusas. YUM.
- Have you had the cold noodles at KIN yet? I finally did and omg they are so bomb. Photo below.
- TONIGHT: Go meet someone new at Mother Earth Brew Co's Summer Social. Tacos & Tortas food truck will be there too.
- Fri-Mon July 22-25: It's Christmas in July at Mother Earth Tap House. Food & drink specials all weekend. On Monday, go watch Christmas Vacation starting at 6pm.
- Sat July 23: There's a Food Truck Rally + Beer Garden at Jordan's Garden Center. They will also have a free landscaping class at 4pm & 40% off all trees.
- Save the date: Boise Farmers Market's 2022 Harvest Moon Dinner is on Saturday, August 27 at Idaho Botanical Garden. Tix are $200 (early bird) and $250 after August 9.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: It's Third Thursday in downtown Nampa and this week it's country themed. There's music, a car show, food trucks, drinks & a ton of activities. 5-8pm & it's free!
- TONIGHT: Take a A Macabre History of Boise Walking Tour. Tix are $25 and tour starts at 7pm.
- Fri July 22: Have A Brew With Sue at Discovery Center of Idaho. Explore the Discovery Center without your kids, eat some food, have a beer.
- Fri July 22: Go watch The Wild Bunch (1969) at The Egyptian. Tix are $5 and starts at 7:30pm.
- Fri-Sat July 22-23: Go get yourself a new book at the Friends of the Library Book Sale at Caldwell Public Library. 10am-4pm.
- Fri-Sat July 22-23: Go see Master Magician Luna Shimada at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Tix are $20 and starts at 8pm.
- Sat July 23: Watch City Slickers (1991) at The Egyptian. Tix are $5 and starts at 7:30pm.
- Tu July 26: Go see CAF Presents Landis: Just Watch Me at The Egyptian Theatre. Tix are $7.50 and starts at 7pm.
- Next weekend: San Inazio is looking for some volunteers for the festival next weekend.
- Save the date: LED is performing Dance Is Cringe again on August 19-20. It's amazingggg.
- City Cast Boise recommends going to the last zoning code open house happening next Thursday, July 28 at Quail Hollow Golf Course at 6pm.*
*content is sponsored
Just trust me...
You need some Thursday cuteness. Look at this DARLING baby cow that lives in Nampa omg.
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
PS I don't know where this fits in this newsletter but remember the story I wrote about Freedom Bound Hounds? This year Boise Corgi Fest raised $4k and donated it to Freedom Bound Hounds. So cool! I love how this community helps each other out <3
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.
Follow us on social media!