Boise has new e-bikes
Boise has a public bike share again, and this time, they are electric bikes. Vall-eBikes rolled out yesterday and will now be available all over Boise. Download the app to locate & rent bikes. Use promo code ridevallebike and your first 30min are free!
A few fun things for your weekend
Fri July 15: Global Groove Drum & Dance is happening at Global Lounge Commons (3085 North Cole Road) from 6-8pm. If you like to drum and/or dance, check it out!
Sat July 16: Boise Hempfest is happening in Julia Davis Park from 10am-10pm. It's a free, fam-friendly cannabis education event with speakers, live entertainment, vendors, beer garden & kid land.
Sat July 16: Running of the Bars, a pub crawl and street dance, is happening from 5-10pm. It starts from the Basque Block and visits a bunch of neighboring bars, and each stop has a fun Basque activity to try. Tix are $35 and includes chorizo, drink, a scarf & admission!
Fri-Sun July 15-17: Get some new ink at the 208 Tattoo Fest, happening at Expo Idaho all weekend. Friday 12-10pm, Sat 11am-10pm & Sun 11am-8pm. Tix are $15 daily/$40 weekend. There will be over 100 tattoo artists there for tattoo walk-up and appointments.
Sponsored by Downtown Boise Association
The best way to spend a Wednesday...
is at Alive After Five! Downtown Boise's free summer concert series is in full swing. Spend a summer night enjoying new & local tunes in the heart of beautiful downtown Boise.
- Wed July 20: Deep Sea Diver + Blood Lemon
- Wed July 27: Waaves + The French Tips
- Wed Aug 3: Joshy Soul + VEMM
- Wed Aug 10: Celisse + Charlie Sutton & the Changelings
Tunes & shows
New tunes: McKenna, the person behind From Boise's social media, is also a super talented musician and has a new song out today!
TONIGHT: Leaning Barn Farms in Parma is hosting Blooms & Tunes, an evening of live music on the flower farm. Tix are $5 and starts at 6pm tonight.
Hawt shows: On Friday, country punks Sarah Shook & the Disarmers (listen) are at the Neurolux and Afro beat groovers Elektric Voodoo(listen) are at The Olympic before they head up to McCall. On Saturday catch local heavy metal rockers Ghorot (listen) at The Shredder and then go dance with local DJ Bodie at Neurolux.
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Th July 14 @ 6pm: Smokey Brights + Nick Delffs at Idaho Botanical Garden
- Th July 14 @ 8pm: Cola + Frankie Tillo + Petal Party at Neurolux
- Fri July 15 @ 7pm: Elektric Voodoo at The Olympic
- Fri July 15 @ 8pm: Sarah Shook & The Disarmers at Neurolux
- Fri July 15 @ 8pm: Snuggles + Thew + Kid Koma at The Shredder
- Fri July 15 @ 8:30pm: The Last Call at The Ironwood Bar & Grill
- Sat July 16 @ 6:30pm: Anvil + White Wizzard + Midnite Hellion + Filth Hound at The Olympic
- Sat July 16 @ 8pm: Eagle Twin + Ghorot + Possessive at The Shredder
- Sat July 16 @ 8pm: Josh Pray at The Egyptian
- Sat July 16 @ 8pm: A Mizu Party at The Reef
- Sat July 16 @ 11:30pm: DJ Bodie at Neurolux
- Sun July 17 @ 7pm: Esther Rose + Dean Johnson at KIN
- Sun July 17 @ 8pm: Bex + College Level + Neocentrics at Neurolux
- Tu July 19 @ 6pm: Lounge on Fire + TRICA at JUMP
- Tu July 19 @ 7pm: Meatbodies + Spoon Benders at KIN
- Tu July 19 @ 7pm: Stephen Wilson Jr. + Andrew Sheppard at The Olympic
- Tu July 19 @ 8pm: Mapache at Neurolux
- Wed July 20 @ 5pm: Deep Sea Diver + Blood Lemon at Alive After Five (Grove Plaza)
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Comedy & storytelling
- TONIGHT: Comedians Barry Neal is at Lounge at the End of the Universe at 8pm. Tix are $15.
- Sat July 16: Comedian Dave Hill is at Mad Swede Downtown from 7-9pm. Tix are $20-$90.
- Fri-Sat July 15-16: Sara Raffaella, Bree Jones, Jen Adams & Leslie Bing are at Ladies Night Out at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Starts at 8:15pm and tix are $20.
- Sat July 16: A Brunch of Laughs Comedy Show is back at Watson's Mystery Cafe. This month's lineup is Jynx Jenkins, Jack Wheeler, Jake Martin, Jared Munson & Krystal Moore. Tix are $10.
- Sat July 16: The Idaho Pun Slam, a monthly comedy competition, is at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Tix are $7 and starts at 7pm.
- Sat July 16: The Bo Com Sho, a comedy showcase, is at Watson's Mystery Cafe at 7:30pm. Tix are $10-$50.
- Sat July 16: Comedy Open Mic Saturdays at Mad Swede Downtown. Sign ups at 10:30pm, show at 11pm.
- Tu July 19: Check out Story Story Late Night and hear some stories of misplaced judgment. It's at the Old Pen, starts at 8pm & tix are $12 adv/$15 door.
- Tu July 19: Local author Mat Heagerty is having a release party for his new book, Lumberjackula. It's at the main Boise Library from 3-5pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- Have you guys been to Trailside Bakery & Cafe? It's a new spot at 2919 W State Street in Boise & the food is sooo good!
- The new Warehouse Food Hall opened on Tuesday! We went and check it out and will have a lil story about it next week.
- TONIGHT: Join the Wine Safari at Zoo Boise & enjoy wines from around the world, animal talks & tours. Tix are $150 and limited to 30 people. There will be another on Aug 11 & Sept 8.
- Sat July 16: The 2nd Annual State Street Affair is happening at State Street Kitchen starting at 11am.
- Wed July 20: Celebrate National Hot Dog Day at Payette Brewing from 4-8pm.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: Bown Crossing is having a Summer Block Party from 4-8pm. Live music, shops, giveaways & more.
- TONIGHT: Go to the DIY metal stamping pet tag party with Fluff Hardware at Payette Brewing tonight. Tix are $29 and includes one pet tag and a BOGO beer.
- TONIGHT: Visit local artist Melissa Thompson from 6-8pm at Art at the Greenbelt Market & see her alcohol ink & acrylic works.
- TONIGHT: Join Femme Forward, an all-levels dance experience at The Balcony at 6:30pm. It's 21+ and open to all people & experience levels. Tix are $20.
- Fri July 15: Boise Little Theater kicks off a two week performance of the musical, OZ!
- Fri July 15: Go watch Caddyshack (1980) at The Egyptian. Tix are $5 and starts at 7:30pm.
- Fri July 15: It's Salsa and Bachata Night at Ocho's. Lessons from 8-9pm, social dance 9pm-1am. 21+
- Sat July 16: Learn about edible & medicinal plants of the Northern Rockies on a Seasonal Herb Walk. 9am-3pm, tix are $50.
- Sat July 16: Go on a Cultural Journey to Indonesia with Tim Muhibah Angklung, a team of world-class performers who promote Indonesian culture to the world. Multiple performances & locations throughout the day.
- Sat July 16: Take a papermaking class at Meriwether Cider in Garden City. Starts at 12pm.
- Sun July 17: It's Harvest Morning at Bohemian Bloom & Herb Farm. Sounds like a nice way to start the day.
- Sun July 17: Join Family Fun in the SUN-day at Payette Brewing. Tix are $8 for kids, $12 for adults (includes a beer). There will be lots of forest games, crafts & experiences.
- Mon July 18: Cool off at the Water Block Party at Caldwell Library. All ages & free!
- City Cast recommends supporting the Heat and Smoke Relief Fund to help out Idaho farmworkers as we reach the peak temps of summer.*
*Content is sponsored. Want to see your event listed? Email email@example.com
Just trust me...
I was on City Cast Boise's podcast this week talking about five fun festivals to experience this summer :)
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.