Fun things to do tonight
It's First Thursday! Events are happening tonight all over downtown Boise from about 5-9pm. There are quite a few non-profit events tonight for Idaho Gives + a slew of reasons to eat and drink. Here's some things I'm excited to eat & drink & see tonight. You can see all First Thursday happenings here.
The Third Annual BFF Block Party for Idaho Gives is tonight! Head down to the Lusk District tonight for a super fun all-ages block party! & community celebration. You can meet dozens of local non profits, listen to live local tunes, drink local beer, wine & cider, and meet new friends and neighbors. The partay starts at 5pm & it's free to attend! More info here.
Microdose Film Series kicks off tonight at The Flicks! This is Treefort Music Fest's off-season quarterly screening series, hosted by Filmfort & showing exclusively at The Flicks. You can watch cutting-edge documentaries, mind-bending narratives and other cross-genre films, often with directors in attendance to share a peek from behind-the-scenes. Tonight at 7pm, catch Greener Grass & a virtual Q&A with the lead producer. Tix are $10. More info here.
Mama's Day is Sunday
May 6: Need a last min gift? Make your mama something handmade at Fluff Hardware's Mother's Day DIY Metal Stamping Party at Edward's Greenhouse. Tix are $39 & include everything you need to make stamped metal earrings or a necklace.
May 6: Potter Wine's is hosting a Mother's Day Charcuterie Workshop with The Cheese Barn at 6pm. Learn how to make a fabulous charcuterie while sippin local wine. Tix are $65 a pair.
May 6-8: Check out the Mother's Day Festival at Franz Witte. Look through beautiful blooms while listening to live music & enjoying a local food truck. It's free!
May 6-8: Spyglass Gardens is hosting its 22nd Annual Mother's Day Tour de Farm. Learn about the farm, choose items for the garden, build your own herb hanging basket & more. It's free!
May 7: Indian Creek Plaza has a Mother's Day Market from 10am-3pm. There will be mimosas, live jazz music, and more than 50 vendors to shop.
May 7: Huston Vineyards is hosting Mother's Day Rose from 12-5pm. Tix are $25.
May 7: A Mother's Day Pop-Up Shop & Market is happening at State Street Marketplace from 10am-4pm.
May 7: Take your mom to Mom Jokes (Mother's Day Comedy Show) at Watson's Mystery Café & Spirits. Tix are $15 and starts at 6pm.
May 7: Sturman's Wine & Cigars is hosting a Rosé May Mother's Day Party. Live music & food truck will be there too!
May 7-8: Western Collective has a two-day Mother's Day Boozy Bouquet Bar. Build a bouquet for mom & enjoy some beverages.
Also, some of my go-to places for last min gifts + flowers:
Tunes & shows
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- May 5 @ 8pm: Ryan Hurd at Knitting Factory
- May 6 @ 5pm: Jordan Shaw at Lost Grove Brewing
- May 6 @ 7pm: Wet w/ Zsela at Neurolux
- May 7 @ 5pm: Bloom & Brother at Lost Grove Brewing
- May 7 @ 7pm: The Convalescence, Necronomicon, Alukah + More at The Shredder
- May 7 @ 8pm: Joseph at Knitting Factory
- May 8 @ 7pm: Widowspeak w/ Sylvie at Neurolux
- May 9 @ 6pm: Yotam Ben Horin w/ Jimmy Sinn, Sef Idle at Lost Grove Brewing
- May 9 @ 8pm: Mat Kearney at Knitting Factory
- May 10 @ 7pm: Dorothy + Joyous Wolf + Careless Act at Knitting Factory
- May 10 @ 7pm: DRI, Paralysis, Hummingbird of Death at The Shredder
- May 10 @ 8pm: Delta Spirit at The Olympic
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Food finds & things to drink
- TONIGHT: Indian Creek Plaza is having a Cinco de Mayo celebration tonight from 5-10pm, complete with live music, a taco truck taste off & more. It's free to attend!
- TONIGHT: Struman's Wine & Cigars is doing a Spanish Wine Tasting tonight from 6-8pm.
- May 5-8: The Mother of All Weekends is happening at Mother Earth Tap House. Thursday through Sunday you can go enjoy a full schedule of beer, art, live music, food & fun.
- May 6: Lost Grove Brewing teamed up with West Mountain Drifters to release its newest collaboration beer: Bull Trout Princess Kölsch. Try it on Friday starting at 5pm.
- May 7: The Eagle Saturday Market opens for the season on Saturday, May 7 at 9am. It's in Heritage Park in Eagle.
- May 7: Global Lounge is hosting a Lebaran-led Celebration Potluck with Indo Idaho. Join in celebrating the end of Ramadhan fasting month with food and friends. Starts at 11am. All are welcome.
- May 7: Wanna learn how to make your own beer? Take a Beer Brewing 101 Class at Brewer's Haven.
- May 7: Go check out WILD EATS: A Wild Game Cook-off Event at Clairvoyant Brewing. 1-4pm.
- May 10: Every Tuesday is Pupper Tuesday at Mad Swede Brewing. Bring your dog in & get happy hour prices all day.
Things to do
- May 6: Join the kick off celebration for the Garden City Climate Action Artwalk from 3-7pm at Coiled Winery.
- May 6: There's a Friday Evening Market at L.A. Junk Antiques from 5-7pm. Lots of great garden items!
- May 6: The Look, an immersive multimedia dance performance by choreographer Savannah Dunn and visual artist Jennifer Dunn, is happening at Surel's Place starting at 6:30pm. Tix are $10.
- May 6: Go see Little Shop of Horrors on the big screen at The Egyptian. Tix are $10 and it starts at 8pm. Then you can go see it again at Idaho Shakespeare Fest in August!
- May 6: Go sing karaoke at Mad Swede Brew Hall. It's free!
- May 6-8: Ballet Idaho's Beauty & the Beast is performing this weekend at Morrison Center!
- May 7: Take a field trip & go birding at Eagle Island State Park with Golden Eagle Audubon Society. It's free!
- May 7: The Flock Cancer Street Stroll is happening all day Saturday on Harrison Blvd. Get a pink outfit & a group of friends & join the fun!
- May 7: Take a Historic Bus Tour of the P&IN Railroad with Nampa Parks & Rec. Tix are $65 & the tour is a full day.
- May 14: Roaring Springs has pushed its opening weekend due to weather. The waterpark will be open next weekend on Saturday & Sunday, and will open daily for the season on Memorial Day weekend.
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.