Tuesday follow up
Tuesday's story was a big ol list of summer concert series and music festivals happening in Boise and beyond. And, despite how long that list is, I missed a few!
I've added: Western Idaho Fair Concerts, Concerts on Broadway at Meridian City Hall, Sun Valley Museum of Art Concerts, and I updated deets on Hermit Music Festival, which is at Indian Creek Winery over Labor Day weekend.
These have been added/updated in the story, which you can read/bookmark/share: fromboise.com/posts/hawt-show-summer
First Thursday in dt Boise is tonight
Lots of things happening for First Thursday in downtown Boise tonight. Here's a few that caught my eye. Most things go 5-9pm.
- Learn to blow a glass mushroom at Boise Art Glass.
- Live music & $1 off local beers at Green Acres Boise.
- Guru Donuts is hosting a banned book reading
- Record Exchange is having a sidewalk sale.
- JD's Bodega is hosting Lost Grove for free beer tastings & Pie-O-Neer Pie for samples of their New Zealand savory pies from 6-8pm.
- There's free Salsa and Bachata dance lessons at JUMP. No partner, no prob.
- Ochos Wine Bar has a free Flamenco performance by Cuadro Nuevo at 6:30pm. It's 21+
- Leku Ona has food & drink specials all night.
- Meriwether Cider House has a special flight & a Pride ornament making workshop.
- Negranti Creamery is doing 50% off ice cream sammys. Yummm.
- Clay Collective is hosting Kerry Moosman for an exhibition. It's his last show! Kerry is a prolific artist and many of his pieces can be seen around Boise.
- Pure Barre on Broadway is doing $10 drop in classes, ERTH Beverage Co. samples, & a vintage pop up shop with Derluj.
See all First Thursday events at downtownboise.org/events/first-thursday
First Friday in Garden City is tomorrow
First Friday is a really cool way to explore Garden City and there's lots of new stuff this time! Most notably is Fridays on 34th, a new farmer's market & live music series happening every Friday at the end of 34th street, by Push & Pour and the wave. Live local music, drinks, food trucks, local farmers, vendors - also open container allowed so you can roam about the street with a beverages.
Also tonight and throughout the weekend, Surel's Place is hosting "What We Leave Behind" with artist in residence Andrew Nemr. The project explores the relationship of choice and impact through tap dance, visual, sound, and digital art. You can see it on First Friday from 5:30-8:30pm, Saturday 11am-2pm, or Sunday 11am-2pm (Art talk at 2pm).
Lots of fun things going on this weekend! I can't wait for some Greek food.
Fri-Sat June 3-4: The 40th Annual Boise Greek Food Festival is at Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church (2618 W Bannock St, Boise). On Friday and Saturday 11am-9pm, go enjoy authentic Greek food, drinks, and desserts, live music, learn Greek dance, and take a tour of the historic church.
Fri-Sat June 3-4: Music on the Water is at Esther Simplot Park, 4-9pm on Friday and 11am-9pm on Saturday. Live music from local artists, beer garden, kids area, local vendors, food trucks and more in the beautiful park along the river. It's free to attend! No pups allowed at this one.
Sat June 4: Idaho Brewshed Beer Festival is 4-9pm at Green Acres Boise (1401 Shoreline Drive, Boise). The inaugural fest features Idaho breweries and cideries who have committed to protecting the wild watersheds that make delicious craft beer possible. Tix are $20-$30 and include 6 tokens. There will also be food trucks and live music. Kids and dogs welcome.
Sat June 4: Snake River Raptor Fest is 12-5pm Indian Creek Winery in Kuna. See live birds of prey up close, enjoy local food & drinks, arts vendors, live music & kids activities. It's free! No dogs allowed here bc the birds will be making appearances.
Sat-Sun June 4-5: Poppy & Butterfly Festival from 10:30am - 4pm at Bohemian Bloom & Herb Farm. Pick colorful poppies, release a butterfly into the garden, listen to music and enjoy drinks and delicious German food from Heidi's German Kitchen. Admission is $3, kids 12 and under are free.
Sun June 5: Art & Roses 2022 is 10am-5pm at Julia Davis Park. More than 80 local artists will have their work up for sale. There will also be live music, food trucks, and more. All ages & free to attend.
Tunes & shows
This weekend is a good one to check out your local music scene. On Friday, the Sounds Like Summer show at The Shredder has 9 local rock bands (listen). Also on Friday, locals Wend (listen), St Terrible, Endless Atlas, and Jesse Blake Rundle are playing a show at CRLB. And on Saturday, The Block Fest at The Knitting Factory has 7 local hip hop artists (listen).
Also reminder: Jump, Jam & Jive concerts at JUMP kick off next week on Tuesday at 6pm.
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Th June 2 @ 8pm: Eli Howard & the Greater Good + Lindzey Autumn at Neurolux
- Fri June 3 @ 6pm: Sounds Like Summer (multiple artists) at The Shredder
- Fri June 3 @ 7pm: Colten Jesse + Andrew Sheppard at The Olympic
- Fri June 3 @ 7pm: Soul Patch at Big Al's (in Village at Meridian)
- Fri June 3 @ 8pm: Margo Cilker at Neurolux
- Fri June 3 @ 8pm: Motor City Soul Experience at The Egyptian Theatre
- Fri June 3 @ 8:30pm: The Last Call at The Ironwood Bar & Grill
- Fri & Sat June 3-4: Music on the Water at Esther Simplot Park
- Sat June 4 @ 7pm: Sorry No Sympathy + Marked;Life + more at The Shredder
- Sat June 4 @ 7pm: Gary Tackett & Full Moon Rude at Big Al's (in Village at Meridian)
- Sat June 4 @ 8pm: Nick Delffs + WIBG + Frankie Tillo at Neurolux
- Sat June 4 @ 8pm: The Block Fest (multiple local hip hop artists) at Knitting Factory
- Sat June 4 @ 11:30pm: DJ Bodie at Neurolux
- Sun June 5 @ 1pm: Ryan Curtis Band at Ste. Chapelle Winery
- Sun June 5 @ 7pm: Through The Roots + Likkle Jordee at The Olympic
- Sun June 5 @ 8pm: Whitney Rose at Neurolux
- Mon June 6 @ 8pm: Tchotchke at Neurolux
- Tu June 7 @ 6pm: Danger Beard + Boise Rock School at JUMP
- Tu June 7 @ 6pm: Polyrhythmics at Indian Creek Plaza
- Tu June 7 @ 8pm: Goodnight, Texas at Neurolux
- Wed June 8 @ 8pm: Still Corners + Foxes in Fiction at Neurolux
- Wed June 8 @ 8pm: The Lowest Pair + Hillfolk Duo at The Olympic
- Wed June 8 @ 8pm: Calexico at Knitting Factory
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Food finds & things to drink
- Sat June 4: Celebrate National Trails Day at Mother Earth Tap House. Learn about hiking and trails all around the state, plus enjoy food trucks, live music & beer, of course.
- Sat June 4: The Nampa Farmers Market is officially open! It's at Lloyd Square Park on 13th and Front Streets in Nampa.
- Sun June 5: Sockeye Brewing's Sunday Market on 36th & Hill is officially moving outdoors! Lots of goodies there.
- Sun June 5: Board Games & Brunch is back at Meriwether Cider in Garden City. Crisp is serving brunch. Lots of board games available but feel free to byo. Goes 10am-1pm.
- Also look at these limited edition lemon blueberry scones from Flour & Sage Baking Co. Damnnn those look gooood.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: Art at the Greenbelt Market is featuring prints by local artist Wendy Blickenstaff. 6-8pm. It's free!
- TONIGHT: The Women’s Adventure Film Tour is screening at The Flicks at 7pm. Tix are $12 or $10 for students & seniors.
- TONIGHT: Push & Pour Running Club is back again. Meet at 13 S Latah at 6pm!
- Fri-Th June 3-9: It's Idaho Yoga Week and True North Yoga is offering free classes to new students all week!
- Sat June 4: The Balcony has a La Queer PRIDE show starting at 8pm. Tix are $5 and it's 21+
- Sat June 4: There's another Stand Up Strip Down Body Positive Comedy Show at The Lounge at the End of the Universe. Starts at 9:30pm and it's 21+.
- Sun June 5: Yoga & Mimosas is happening at Roots Zero Waste Market at 10:30am. Class and mimo is $20.
- Sun June 5: Bike to the ball park! Join BBP and ride your bike to the Hawk's baseball game. Free admission if you ride! Meet at BBP at 1pm.
- Sun June 5: Take a North End Garden Tour. It's a self-guided tour from 11am-4pm. Tix are $15, $5 for kids, free under age 12, or a family pass for $40.
- Sun June 5: The Jackson Casey SUDEP (sudden unexpected death in epilepsy) Awareness Foundation Golf Scramble is happening at Centennial Golf Course. It's an event to raise awareness and work towards finding a cure for epilepsy. Here is a great story to learn more.
- Wed June 8: Moonstruck Creations is doing a Western Watercolor at Western Collective, 6-8pm. Tix are $30.
- Wed June 8: The Hidden GEMini Soiree is happening at Visual Arts Collective. Live entertainment from multiple artists, local art, full bar, and Chef G's sushi bus (which is amazing). Tix are $15 and starts at 7pm. 21+
Just trust me...
the butterflies have bloomed!
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.