Fri-Sun Sept 9-11: The 68th annual Art in the Park is happening at Julia Davis Park all weekend! Browse more than 200 artists & enjoy live music & food. It's free to attend & so fun.
Fri-Sun Sept 9-11: The 33rd Annual Boise Pride Fest is happening at Cecil D. Andrus Park all weekend. The fireworks & lighting of the Capitol is Friday. Pride parade is Sunday morning. Free to attend!
Sat Sept 10: The Children's Museum of Idaho is having a Family Fun Festival from 10am-2pm. Carnival games, alien abduction, face painting, dunk tank, obstacle course & more! Tix start at $2.
Sat Sept 10: Sockeye Brewing's Boise Bacon & Beer Festival is at Expo Idaho from 1-5pm. Sample beer & bacon-inspired dishes from 25+ local & regional breweries & food trucks, enjoy live music, yard games & under 100° weather. Tix are $45 & include 15 drink tokens & 10 bacon tokens. This is a 21+ event.
Sat Sept 10: Eat local at the Taste of Caldwell Harvest Festival at Indian Creek Plaza from 5-8pm. Tix are $25-$35 and include 6 food tastings from local Idaho chefs, plus beer, wine and NA beverage tastings. Sounds amazing!
Support the Underdogs
A group of local music fans have assembled to bring a new all-ages venue to Boise! While Boise's music scene is growing & exciting things are happening, we are still very much lacking in venues for the under 21 crowd to enjoy live music. Underdogs Boise is a 501(c)(3) non-profit raising funds to create a venue & help fill this gap.
They have a GoFundMe to kickstart the process of getting a space. Also sharing their page & telling a friend is an excellent way to support this project in its early stages.
Sponsored by Modern Mountain Escape Airbnb
Escape to the mountains...
...without the long drive. The Modern Mountain Escape Airbnb is tucked into the mountains only 45 minutes from Boise. Surrounded by wilderness & hiking trails, this gorgeous cabin was remodeled in 2022 & sleeps 16 people. Book your getaway today!
Tunes & shows
It's a good weekend for free shows. First Ladies of Disco is tonight at Knitting Factory & it's free. Tomorrow, Boise Rock School kicks off a new free, all-ages concert series called Rock the Lot happening every Friday in September from 5:30-7:30pm. On Saturday, Outdoor Exchange is having a 10th Anniversary Celebration & has two bands playing, including my friend Scotcho playing at 3pm!
Also some funnn shows this weekend & next week! On Friday night, Afro-American Night is starting up again at Neurolux. Go dance to Afrobeat tunes. I'm excited about Dark Dazey (listen) & Golf Alpha Bravo (listen - I love this jam) at The Olympic on Tuesday. And on Wednesday, reggae artist Nattali Rize (listen) is at The Olympic with her six-piece band from Australia & Jamaica.
Also on Fri Sept 9: Tickets for Treefort Music Fest (March 22-26, 2023) go on sale tomorrow & they are doing a Locals Only Sale at Record Exchange! Snag a 5-day pass for $199, available in-person at RX on Friday only.
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Th Sept 8 @ 7pm: First Ladies of Disco at Knitting Factory
- Fri Sept 9 @ 5:30pm: Afrosonics at Boise Rock School parking lot
- Fri Sept 9 @ 6pm: The Fall Kick-Off at The Shredder
- Fri Sept 9 @ 7:30pm: Josh Turner at The Morrison Center
- Fri Sept 9 @ 8pm: Kip Moore at Knitting Factory
- Fri Sept 9 @ 9pm: Afro-American Night at Neurolux
- Sat Sept 10 @ 7pm: High Street Party Band at Meridian City Hall
- Sat Sept 10 @ 7pm: The Songs of Jim Croce ft. Brett Reid at The Sapphire Room
- Sat Sept 10 @ 8pm: ARTIX at The Shredder
- Sun Sept 11 @ 7pm: David Ramirez + Jake Freeman at KIN
- Mon Sept 12 @ 8pm: Flasher + Neocentrics + Los Syringas at Neurolux
- Tue Sept 13 @ 6pm: Dusty Leigh + Idaho Songwriters at JUMP
- Tue Sept 13 @ 8pm: Dark Dazey + Golf Alpha Bravo + Leading Lines at The Olympic
- Tue Sept 13 @ 8pm: Durry + VEMM at Neurolux
- Tue Sept 13 @ 8pm: Bob Mould at Visual Arts Collective
- Wed Sept 14 @ 7pm: Nattali Rize at The Olympic
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri Sept 9: Check out the Freaky Friday Comedy Show at Watson's. Tix are $20 and show starts at 8pm. 21+
- Fri-Sat Sept 9-10: Comedian Thai Rivera is at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Both shows start at 7pm & tix are $15.
- Sat Sept 10: Go to Comedians Unplugged at Watson's & see 5 comedians face off. Tix start at $20.
- Sat Sept 10: Attention potheads, the Potter's Scar Comedy Show is happening at Recycled Minds at 8pm. Tix are $5-$12. All ages!
- Sun Sept 11: The Outta Control Dinner Show is a standup, improv, sketch show. Tix are $20 and starts at 7pm. 18+
- Tue Sept 13: Radio Boise's Couch Surfer Series is back! Hear creators talk about their craft, path, inspiration & how they do what they do, as well as perform songs, poetry, and excerpts of their creative endeavors for a live audience. It's really cool. This month features author Alan Heathcock & local musician Endless Atlas. Tix are $20 & limited!
- Mon Sept 12: Bloom: A Reading Series is back at Idaho Botanical Garden. This week hear from CMarie Fuhrman, Elizabeth Rodgers & Stacy Boe Miller. Starts at 6pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- Fri Sept 9: Head out to Potter Wine's for the Vietnamese Banh Mi Bar featuring Lola Le. Tix are $28 for Banh Mi + Wine or $20 for Banh Mi only & comes with Banh Mi of your choice, egg rolls & sauces. Sounds delish.
- Sat Sept 10: Eat farm fresh on a Peaceful Belly Tour & Tasting. Learn all about Peaceful Belly Farm in Caldwell & enjoy a cider & appetizer tasting. Tix are $40-$45.
- Mon Sept 12: Get your tix for the Beer and Wine Dinner with Telaya Wine, Barbarian Brewing & Kismet Kitchen. Enjoy 5 courses paired with Telaya wine & Barbarian beer - the menu looks amazing. Tix are $85. Din is 6-9pm.
- Wed Sept 14: Want to grow a kitchen garden? Go to the Herb Gardening Workshop at Petite 4. Tix are $60 & includes all materials plus snacks & drinks from Petite 4.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: Ladies, learn to fix your bike at the Bike Maintenance Clinic hosted by SheJumps & Idaho Mountain Touring. Tix are $15 & starts at 6pm.
- TONIGHT: Check out Art at the Greenbelt Market & meet local artist Alyson Singer, who paints birds & other creatures in their natural environment.
- TONIGHT: Local artist Justin Hillgrove is at Re-POP Gifts from 5-7pm with stickers, prints, books & games.
- Fri Sept 9: Movie night! Go watch Pan's Labyrinth at The Egyptian Theatre. Starts at 8pm.
- Fri-Sat Sept 9-10: Scope out the Treefort Yard Sale at The Owyhee.
- Sat Sept 10: Outdoor Exchange is having a 10th Anniversary Celebration & Sale from 10am-6pm. Deals, live music from 1-6pm, Lost Grove beer & gear giveaways!
- Sat Sept 10: Go check out Party At The Pen, a vintage motorcycle show happening 11am-8pm at the Old Pen. See 150 custom bikes, tintype photography, get a tattoo, hear live music & shop local vendors. Tix are $15 & kids under 12 free!
- Sat Sept 10: Go do Goat Yoga at Sawtooth Winery. It's $40 & includes a glass of wine or mimosa. 6-7pm.
- Sun Sept 11: Go on a beginner Bird Walk on the Bethine Church River Trail with the Golden Eagle Audubon Society. It's free! 10am-12pm.
- Sun Sept 11: Go play games at Sunday Funday at Mad Swede Brew Hall in downtown. Board games provided or byo! Starts at 4pm. It's free!
- Mon Sept 12: Watch films made by locals at Indie Movie Mondays at Mad Swede Downtown. This week's lineup is drama and story films. It's free!
- Tue Sept 13: Looking to buy a house? Go to Hops & Homes First Time Home Buyer Class at Lost Grove. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that this class changed my life & made it possible for us to buy a home. Even if you feel like it's impossible for you to buy, I really encourage you to go & just listen. At the very least you get a free beer lol.
- Tue Sept 13: Grab your spot for Boise Sew Together, a 12-week sewing course at Global Lounge. Classes meet on Tue or Thur from 6-8pm. Next session begins Sept 13. It's free w/ a donation!
- Cool job alert: City Cast Boise is looking for a Boise Podcast Host! If you love Boise & talking about Boise, you should totally apply. Opening closes Monday Sept 12!*
Just trust me...
...it's almost time... 53 days until Halloween y'all 👻
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
PS - something very cute & fun that is From Boise related is coming next week. Any guesses?? :)
PSS - happy first day of football season to those who celebrate. The Ravens are gonna win the super bowl - you heard it here first lol
We love you. You love us. We both love free things. Please consider supporting our work so we can keep From Boise free!