In partnership with Savor Idaho
Savor Idaho is in one month!
Don’t miss your chance to taste wine and cider from across Idaho while enjoying the beautiful Idaho Botanical Garden. In addition to unlimited tastings, enjoy live music, local food trucks and vendor exhibits. You can also bring your own picnic or purchase a shareable charcuterie board made with local ingredients!
Savor Idaho is the perfect place to spend a day with friends, quality time with your partner, show your parents the best of Boise and experience Idaho’s welcoming wine community.
Get your Savor Idaho tickets today!
Happy mama's day
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there. Y'all are incredible & deserve more than one day of celebration! And sending love to anyone whose mom is no longer around <3
Sat May 13: Indian Creek Plaza is throwing a Mother's Day Market from 10am-4pm with 50+ vendors, live music, mimosas & more!
Sat May 13: Barbarian Brewing (Garden City location) is having a Mother's Day Pop-Up Market from 2-6pm. Shop 16 local vendors, eat some pizza, grab a drink & more!
Sat May 13: Free Spirits Bev Co is hosting Ma-Mosa’s Are Grüvi, a NA mimosa and vendor event. There's two workshops, live tunes & makers selling their goodies. Goes 12-4pm.
Sat May 13: Check out Mother's Day Tea at Vogel Farms in Kuna. Enjoy tea, farm-to-table lunch & dessert from D'arcy's Bake Shop. It's $30!
Sat May 14: Huston Vineyards is hosting two different events for mom. There's a Mother's Day Brunch and Rosé Release from 9:30-11:30, with traditional brunch menu paired with their new Huston Rosé of Grenache. In the afternoon they have a Mother's Day Celebration with live music, food, wine & more.
Sun May 14: Sawtooth Winery is hosting Mother's Day Brunch with brunch, mimosas & a mini photoshoot - cute! Tix are $65-$75 and it goes 9am-11am.
Sun May 14: Meriwether Cider is hosting Mother's Day Brunch with a bottomless cidermosa bar, handmade pastries, assorted quiches, fresh fruit, bacon & more. Tix are $50 & there's two seatings.
Sun May 14: Take your mom to Mother's Day at Potter Wines & she gets a free succulent with a wine purchase!
Sun May 14: Head out to Kuna for Mimosa's with Mom. Enjoy mimos, live music, food, vendors & the first 150 moms get a free bouquet from Posy Blue! Goes 11am-3pm & it's free to attend!
Sun May 14: Take mom out for some Mother's Day Birding at the Discovery Unit in Lucky Peak State Park. It's free but there's a $7 fee if you don't have state parks pass. Starts at 9am!
Sun May 14: Fluff Hardware has two Mother's Day DIY Metal Jewelry Stamping Parties at Par Terre Winery from 12:30pm & at Payette Brewing at 6pm. It's $49 and includes all materials to design a pair of earrings, necklace, key chain, pet tag & more!
Sun May 14: The Boise Flea is happening from 10am-4pm on 31st & State Street. Shop vintage and handmade vendors, plus cute shops in the neighborhood. It's free!
Some places to eat on Mother's Day:
- For greasy diner brunch: Capri, Quinn's, The Chef's Hut, Sunrise Cafe
- For cute brunch: A Cafe, Blue Bench Brunchette, Huck House Brunchette, Eight Thirty Common, Tupelo Honey
- For picnics: Certified Bakery, Albertson's on Broadway, Boise Co-op, Sunshine Spice, Tango's Empanadas, Food Land Market, MB Sandwich House
- For dessert: Boise Pie Co, Cucina di Paolo, Janjou Patisserie, The French Whisk, Granny C's Bakery
- For fancy din: Chandler's, Alyonka's, Anthony's, Apericena
Also I was on City Cast Boise's podcast talking about my recs for Mother's Day gifts and more. Listen here!
Tis a very tree-focused weekend in Julia Davis Park.
Sat May 13: Boise Hempfest is also happening in Julia Davis Park from 10am-10pm. It's a cannabis education event with live speakers, entertainment, food, drinks, kid land, art & more. It's free to attend.
You have two opportunities to catch two amazing dance performance this weekend.
Fri May 12: Andrew Nemr & Friends is a performance at LED at 7pm. See the inner workings of a rehearsal before Dance Boise, as new original songs and dancing come to life with a full band. Tix are $10.
Sat May 13: The 3rd Annual Dance Boise is happening at 5pm at the The Centennial Amphitheater at Boise State University. It's a gathering of dance performances by Flamenco Laishy, Idaho Dance Theatre, Ballet Idaho, Open Arms Dance Project, LED, Project Flux, Mungo, Jessica Harned, Pivot Movement, Andrew Nemr & Friends, Meridian Lin Negilski, and more! It's freeee!
Sponsored by The Modern Hotel
Road trip ready
Planning your summer adventure? Take a Modern Road Trip! The Modern Hotel has two beautiful RVs that are stocked & ready for the road. All linens, cookware, camp furniture, bathroom amenities & more are provided. It's perfect for a romantic getaway, adventure with friends or showing the fam what Idaho has to offer – and dogs are welcome!
Reservations for 5+ day trips are open now & they will fill up quickly. Book your summer Modern Road Trip adventure today!
Tunes & shows
An artist by the name of Steel Beans is playing a show in Boise next Wednesday. He is a one man band, meaning he plays the drums, guitar, and sings ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It's wild, watch the video below and then buy a ticket.
- TONIGHT: The Polish Ambassador + Scott Nice at The Olympic
- TONIGHT: Nox Novacula + Bone Haus + Ekko the Strange + Mall Goth Moths at The Shredder
- Fri May 12: Ganser + No Can Fly + Trippy Hearts at The Olympic
- Fri-Sun May 12-14: Famous Motel Cowboys Reunion at VAC
- Sat May 13: Mannequin Pussy + Wednesday + Cryogeyser at The Shredder
- Sat May 13: Built To Spill + Deerhoof + Prism Bitch + Itchy Kitty at Treefort Music Hall
- Sat May 13: Judy Collins at The Egyptian Theatre
- Sat May 13: Unearth + Witness Chamber + Texas Ketamine + Our City Skyline + Life Upon Liars at Shrine Basement
- Sat May 13: Idaho is for Lovers: Emo Tribute Show at Belle Event Center
- Sat May 13: Sunsmith + Audic Empire at The Olympic
- Sun May 14: Begonia + Archie + McKenna Esteb at Neurolux
- Sun May 14: Grade 2 + Crazy and The Brains + Slaughterhouse at Shrine Basement
- Mon May 15: Morgan James at The Olympic
- Tue May 16: Dirty Rotten Imbeciles + BARN + Infected Stench at The Shredder
- Wed May 17: Nekromantix + Stoned Evergreen Travelers at Neurolux
- Wed May 17: Jamie Drake + Ashley Rose at The Olympic
- Wed May 17: Steel Beans + Floating Witch's Head + Kale Brown at Shrine Basement
Comedy & storytelling
- Sat May 13: Femme Fatale Comedy Show is happening at Mad Swede Brew Hall at 8:30pm. Tix are $25.
- Sat May 13: Dry Bar Comedy Tour is stopping at College of Idaho at 6pm & 9pm.
- Sun May 13: Mother's Day Comedy Show is happening at Lounge at the End of the Universe at 2pm! Tix are $15 and it's all ages.
- Wed May 17: Check out Literary Trivia Night at Lost Grove Brewing. It's $10 or $50/team and starts at 6pm.
- Weekly comedy open mics: Mondays at Mad Swede (Cole Road), sign ups 7:30pm/start 8pm. Thursdays at Mad Swede (Downtown), online sign ups, starts at 8pm. Saturday at Mad Swede (Downtown), sign ups 10:30pm, start 11pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- New coffee shop alert: Jitters by Jane just opened up on the corner of 9th & Freak Alley. Go check it out!
- Sat May 13: The Southern Idaho Food Truck Feastival is happening from 3-8pm at Boise Hawk Stadium. Over 30 food trucks, drinks & live music!
- Have you ever had a panini from BoEx (Bosnia Express) market on Emerald? It's a hidden gem. Check out the grocery store too.
- Have you been to Nara Ramen yet? They are opening new locations right & left! They opened in Bown Crossing & now Franklin Plaza. Looks so good.
- Did you hear that Shadow Puppet is partnering with Terroir to provide food at the wine shop?! The menu looks bomb! And if you've never been to Shadow Puppet, it's a super cute & cozy natural wine shop/bar on Vista.
- Wild Plum just started offering Palapa Dinners! Enjoy a meal in your own tropical oasis! You choose a four-course plated dinner from a rotating seasonal menu & they have a bunch of new tropical low-abv and NA cocktails. Fun!
Things to do
- If you haven't already, check out & bookmark the new Float The Boise website. It will be your bff this summer.
- Th-Sat May 11-13: The Boise Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival is happening at Expo Idaho. There's classes, vendors, prizes & it's all free!
- Fri May 12: Go check out the Fort Boise Community Center Pottery Sale! Shop work by students & instructors from 10am-7pm.
- Fri May 12: Movie night! Go see My Fair Lady at The Egyptian Theatre. Tix are $10 and starts at 7pm.
- Sat May 13: Need some plants? Go to Idaho Botanical Garden's Annual Plant Sale Fundraiser. Learn all about plants & choose the best varieties for your yard. Goes 9am-7pm & admission is free!
- Sat May 13: The 3rd Annual Flock Cancer Street Stroll is happening on Harrison Blvd. It's an event to honor & celebrate breast cancer survivors, caregivers, and their families. Walk starts at 10am!
- Sat May 13: There's a Spring Market & Vintage Car Show happening at Mustard Seed Home Decor & More in Nampa. 9am-4pm & it's free to attend!
- Sat May 13: Do you like gardening? Do you like beer?
Then you should go to Gardeners Drinking Beer #2: The Queen Bee Party at Mad Swede Brewing. Learn all about bees & the flowers they love, enjoy pizza & beer and win prizes! It's free to attend but you need to register.
- Sat May 13: The 8th Annual Archaeology Fair is happening at the Old Idaho Pen. Dig for artifacts, hunt a mastodon, watch arrowheads being created & make your own prehistoric pot! Sounds funnn. Goes 10am-3pm.
- Sat May 13: There will be a Silent Camp Monument Centennial Rededication & Veteran Gravestone Unveiling at Morris Hill Cemetery at 10:30am. It's free to participate.
- Sat May 13: Check out From Eternity's Yurt: A Night of Poetry, Philosophy and Music at Surel's Place. This will be a cool event & it's free! Starts at 7pm.
- Sun May 14: There's a new show, Prehistoric Idaho, airing on Outdoor Idaho on Idaho Public Television today. Looks super interesting!
- Sun May 14: It's the 45th Anniversary of Grease! Go watch the classic film at The Egyptian. Tix are $10 & starts at 4pm. It's showing again on Wed May 17.
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.