Make it a movie night
TONIGHT: Go to Filmfort's Microdose Film Series and see Watcher, a stalker serial killer thriller, followed by a Q&A with the director. Starts at 7pm at The Flicks, tix are $10.
TONIGHT: Go see Electric, an urban ski film by local Boise brothers. Showing at 6:30pm & 9:10pm at The Egyptian, tix are $15.
TONIGHT: Check out the Snow Open House at Carl's Cycle Sales on State Street. Discounts on snow gear, clothing & more, plus raffles, food & giveaways.
Fri-Sun Nov 4-6: The annual Ski Swap, benefitting the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation, is happening at Expo Idaho allll weekend. This is the best time to get rid of old gear & get some new-to-you gear for the upcoming ski/snowboard season (which is apparently coming very soon). Admission is $5, or bring a canned food donation on Sunday for free admission. All ages!
We love you, you love us
Please consider supporting our work!
Tunes & shows
- Th Nov 3 @ 7pm: Kenny Feidler & The Cowboy Killers +Casey Shelden & The Homewrekcers at The Olympic
- Fri Nov 4 @ 8pm: Charlie Parr + Two Runner at The Olympic
- Th Nov 3 @ 8pm: TAUK + Kanika Moore at Neurolux
- Fri Nov 4 @ 8pm: Ginger Root + Vicky Farewell at The Shredder
- Sat Nov 5 @ 8pm: Smokey Brights + The Weather Machine + Low-Fi at Neurolux
- Sat Nov 5 @ 3pm: MASH Music Festival (Musician's Against Self Harm) at The Shredder
- Sat Nov 5 @ 8pm: Hip Hop Night at Handlebar
- Sat Nov 5 @ 8pm: Carpenters Platinum: A Tribute at The Egyptian Theatre
- Sun Nov 6 @ 8pm: Os Mutantes + Claude Fontaine at Neurolux
- Mon Nov 7 @ 7pm: Langhorn Slim + Jeremie Albino at El Korah Shrine
- Tue Nov 8 @ 8pm: Hot Garbage + guests at Neurolux
- Wed Nov 9 @ 8pm: Inner Wave + Your Grandparents at The Shredder
- Wed Nov 9 @ 8pm: Patriarchy + Ani Christ + Holy Throne + Street Fever (DJ set) at Neurolux
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri Nov 4: Check out Bee-Side Comedy at Push & Pour on Latah St. Starts at 7:30 & tix are $15.
- Sat Nov 5: Go see Dark Jokes, a twisted comedy show, at Mad Swede Brew Hall downtown. Starts at 7pm & tix are $15.
- Sun Nov 6: Rebecca Evans is reading from her new book of poetry, Tangled by Blood, at MING Studios at 7pm. It's free!
- Tue Nov 8: Join Cozy Story Hour at Meriwether Cider. It's free & kids welcome!
Food finds & things to drink
- Taste of Downtown is in full swing! Go try more than 50 restaurants with special menus.
- Flour + Sage Baking Co is taking pre-orders for Thanksgiving pies, scones, cheesecake. Don't miss out!
- The new soups & treats at Trailside Bakery look amazing.
- Also this burrito from Chop Shop looks ridiculous.
- If you haven't, you should try Idaho Crepe Company.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: It's First Thursday in downtown Boise & there's lots of fun holiday stuff going on! 5-9pm.
- TONIGHT: Go to REWILD, an Art Talk & Exhibition with Jazz Szu-Ying Chen, the current Surel's Place artist-in-residence. Starts at 7pm.
- Fri Nov 4: Celebrate Dia De Los Muertos with your family at Washington Elementary in Caldwell. It's free!
- Fri-Sun Nov 4-6: Ballet Idaho's Mozart in Motion is happening this weekend with 4 performances.
- Fri-Sat Nov 4-5: Go to an Idaho Steelheads hockey game. Both games start at 7:10pm & tix start at $19.
- Sat Nov 5: Go watch the 2022 Idaho Veterans Parade in downtown Boise. Kick off at 10am.
- Sat Nov 5: Join the 4th Annual Asana Boulderama Competition at Asana Climbing Gym. There's 9 categories & $1k in prize money.
- Sat Nov 5: Check out the Annual Holiday Party at Enchanting Objects Boise & get started on your holiday shopping.
- Sat Nov 5: Santa has officially come to town & he went right to Cabela's. Go get a pic with the man in red - it's free!
- Sat Nov 5: Go see Nightmare Before Christmas performed as a musical play at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Tix are $15 & starts at 9pm.
- Sat Nov 5: Join the inaugural La Liga Worlds Watch Party at La Liga, the new international sports bar in downtown Boise.
- Sun Nov 6: Take a DIY Christmas Card Making Class at Potter Wines. Tix are $10 and include all supplies.
- City Cast Boise recommends tuning in to the local zoning code convo. After years spent developing and planning to revamp Boise's zoning code, the city is presenting the most updated draft at 1pm next Tuesday. The city has published the most recent draft alongside the former zoning map.*
- Save the date (and your $$) for Wintry Market, returning to Boise Centre on Fri Nov 18 & Sat Nov 19. Shop 135 local & regional makers at one of the biggest & best indie holiday craft fairs ever!*
Just trust me...
...considering helping out the family who tragically lost their son yesterday 💔
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,