In partnership with Tamarack Resort
Take your next event to new heights (literally) at Tamarack Resort!
Whether you’re planning an outdoor gathering, an indoor celebration, or something in between, Tamarack has multiple event spaces to accommodate your event. Plus, you can take advantage of Tamarack’s activities like hiking and biking trails, golfing, zipline tours, axe throwing, whitewater rafting and more.
Get started planning your next event at Tamarack Resort.
Sat Sept 23: Fall Swap Meet & Drag Races is happening at Firebird Raceway. There's automotive parts, cars, trucks, collectibles, toys, tools and drag racing. Admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, $5 for kids age 6-12 and free for kids age 5 and under.
Sat Sept 23: Flywheel Fest is happening at JUMP from 4-8pm. There's pinewood tractor derby races, carnival games, antique farm equipment demonstrations, contests, prizes, food trucks, live music and more. It's free!
Sat Sept 23: ¡Fiesta! Celebrating Idaho’s Hispanic Heritage is happening at the Idaho State Museum from 12-5pm. There will be art, live performances and music, food, hands on activities & more. It's free!
Sat-Sun Sept 23-24: Idaho Renaissance Faire is happening at Expo Idaho. There's artists, vendors, and apparently the king and queen of 1942 Italy will be there too! Tix are $10.
Sat-Sun Sept 23-24: Potato Days is happening at Kleiner Park in Meridian. It's the largest public celebration of the potato in Idaho! There's a massive potato art installation featuring chalk art from over 60 local artists, a french fry competition, live music & performances, carnival games, a vendor area, bubble garden, bouncy houses & much more. It's free!
Fri-Sat Sept 22-23: Das Alpenhaus Deli is hosting its annual Oktoberfest celebration from 3-10pm both days. Beer, food, music & more in the parking lot of the one and only German deli in the Treasure Valley!
Fri-Sat Sept 22-23: Powderhaus Brewing is hosting a two-day Oktoberfest celebration with beer, food, music, events and German lagers.
Sat Sept 23: Fly Boise is hosting Wunderbar! A High-Flying Oktoberfest. There's trapeze artists, a beer garden, German food and more. Sounds epic!
Sat Sept 23: Old Boise Oktoberfest is happening on 6th & Main area in downtown Boise.
Oct 5-6: Prost is also having an Oktoberfest on the first weekend in October. I'll let ya know more details when I find out.
Sat Sept 23: Saturday Marketplace is happening at Lovely Hollow Farm from 9am-2pm. Enjoy craft vendors, food & drink, flower picking, & live music from Desirae Bronson.
Sat Sept 23: Sagebrush Solstice, a curated art market, is happening at Trailside Bakery from 9am-5pm. It's a curated art market with live music, local and regional art, local food, and a celebration of the changing seasons. Trailside Bakery is one of my favorite places! Their food is amazing and its super cozy.
Sun Sept 24: Check out the Fall Market at CHOW Public Market. There's local vendors inside & outside, plus food & drinks! Goes 11am-3pm. PS this is where that new Birrira taco shop that everyone loves just moved to, plus Tamales Nelly, Louisiana Soul Bayou, Oh Vegan Soul and more are located here. If you haven't been to CHOW, you need to check it out!
Sun Sept 24: There's a Boise Flea on Sunday at the usual location on State Street and 30th Street. This is where I find all my best Halloween stuff. Also Boise Flea is doing a pop up flea at Flipside Fest on Saturday!
Sponsored by Boise Entrepreneur Week
11 days until...
... Boise Entrepreneur Week 2023 kicks off! This high-energy, community-powered, 5-day event celebrates and builds Idaho’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Hear keynote speakers, participate in workshops, learn from panel discussions, and wrap up with a epic Block Party. The best part: it's free! Register here!
Tunes & shows
Cool shows comin up!
If you like electronic music, check out Blend: Exprmnt on Friday. It's a new edm series by Konnexion Music Fest aimed to showcase different skills and vibes that can be created from the performing artists and the spaces they perform in. Sounds fun!
If you like folky Americana tunes, you'll love Son Volt on Tuesday and of course, Billy Strings on Wednesday.
- Fri Sept 22: Blend: Exprmnt at Neurolux
- Fri Sept 22: Doobie at Revolution Center
- Fri Sept 22: Soul Patch at Ste. Chapelle Winery
- Fri-Sat Sept 22-23: Electronia Flipside Fest Afterparty at Realms
- Sat Sept 23: DJ Bodie at Neurolux
- Sat Sept 23: Styx at Morrison Center
- Sun Sept 24: Pacific Dub + Tunnel Vision at The Olympic
- Sun Sept 24: ¡Mayday! + UBI + 1Ton + the Rap Hippy at Lost Grove Brewing
- Mon Sept 25: Hannah Jadagu + Miloe at Shrine Basement
- Mon Sept 25: Clem Snide + Sam Steffen at Neurolux
- Tue Sept 26: Son Volt + Peter Bruntnell at Shrine Ballroom
- Tue Sept 26: Darsombra + Rodeo Screams + Shadow and Crawl + Scram Signal at The Shredder
- Wed Sept 27: Man On Man + Rat Champion at Neurolux
- Wed Sept 27: glaive + Provoker + Mandias at Shrine Ballroom
- Wed Sept 27: Jai Wolf at Knitting Factory
- Wed Sept 27: The Color Fred + Mylo Bybee + Jesse Blake Rundle + Talon Smart at CRLB
- Wed Sept 27: Billy Strings at Idaho Center
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri Sept 22: Lectures by Lushes at The Balcony. It's a lecture series where smart people teach you about interesting topics while drunk! This month the topics are: Your Microbiome & You, Tattoos in the Mainstream, The Tonya Harding-Nancy Kerrigan Scandal, Is Captain America Really American, and more? Tix are $15. 21+
- Fri Sept 22: Comedians Steven Briggs + Austin Von Johnson + Beth Norton are at the Linen Building at 8pm. Tix are $22. 21+
- Fri Sept 22: Comedian Demetri Martin is at Knitting Factory. Tix are $35 or $55 for a table. Starts at 8pm.
- Fri Sept 22: Comedian Richard Villa is at Lounge at the End of the Universe at 7pm. Tix are $25. 21+
- Sat Sept 23: The Stand Up Strip Down Body Positive Comedy Show is happening at The Balcony at 8pm. Hear comedians Sara Raffaella + Eric Cole + Natasha Dash + Tilly the Comic + Big Gay Paycen. Tix are $35. 21+
- Sat Sept 23: Comedian and actor Kyle Kinane is at Knitting Factory at 8pm. Tix are $25 or $30 for a table.
- Sat Sept 23: Comedian Erik Escobar is at Voodoo Cellar at 9pm. Tix are $15.
- Sun Sept 24: "The Woman in Black" - A Chilling Ghost Story is happening at Watson's Cafe. It's a play by Stephen Malatratt based on the novel by Susan Hill, and it's the second longest running play in London! Tix are $30+
- Tue Sept 26: Story Story Night is hosting Slammer of the Year: PiRATES of the TREASURE VALLEY. It's a story slam that starts at 7pm. All ages! Tix are $20.
- Wed-Th Sept 27-28: Comedian Nate Bargatze is at Idaho Central Arena
- Weekly comedy open mics: Mondays at Mad Swede (Cole Road), sign ups 7:30pm/start 8pm. Tuesdays at Hops & Bottles at 6:30pm. Thursdays at Mad Swede (Downtown), online sign ups, starts at 8pm. Saturday at Mad Swede (Downtown), sign ups 10:30pm, start 11pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- TONIGHT: Barbarian Brewing in Garden City has two new beer releases, a food truck, and live music by Travelin' Miles & honey Bear tonight. The two new beers are a German pilsner and Hello Juicy!, a hazy pale ale made for Flipside Fest.
- Sun Sept 24: Sockeye Brewing is doing an Alehouse Sunday Brunch this weekend from 10am-2pm. Did you know they have a put put golf course?!
- New bakery alert! Sunflower Bakery & Cafe just opened in Meridian & people are raving about it online. It's an Eastern European bakery with pastries, sandwiches, soups, crepes, cabbage rolls and, (most importantly to me) they have perogies!!! I haven't found a single homemade perogi in Boise. I'm so excited. It's at 750 S Progress Ave, Ste 170, Meridian. Photos below - credit Hamychok Nguyen via Boise Foodies Facebook group.
Things to do
- Sat Sept 23: Interested in fall gardening? Me too! Join North End Organic Nursery for a free fall gardening workshop or a workshop on how to grow great garlic. Call 208-389-4769 to RSVP.
- Sat Sept 23: Calling all women entrepreneurs, the Women in Business Leadership Lounge is happening at Amsterdam Lounge from 9am-3pm. Tix are $67.
- Sat Sept 23: Go see Afro Blue: An Ode, Celebration, and Meditation Opening Reception. It's an exhibition from Boise artist Gracieux Baraka at the Erma Hayman House. It's free!
- Sun Sept 24: Autumn Equinox Yoga is happening at Idaho Botanical Garden at 6pm. Celebrate the transition from summer to fall with a thoughtful autumn equinox yoga practice in the meditation garden with Becca Hayes. Byo mat. It's $10 for garden members & $15 for non-members.
- Sun Sept 24: Go see Mythical Menageriesque, a burlesque show, is happening at Pengilly's Saloon. It's free but bring some bills to tip the performers. Starts at 9pm. 21+
- Mon Sept 25: Discovery Center of Idaho has a new exhibit! Impressionists Immersive opens on Sept 25 and will be up through spring 2024. There's over 1,000 masterpieces from important Impressionist artists like Van Gogh, Monet and Renoir. The immersive part comes with floor-to-ceiling projections, synchronized with captivating music and informative audio. Sounds amazing!
- Tue Sept 26: Hap Hap Trivia is hap-happening at 6pm at Hap Hap Lounge. This week's theme is Mama Mia!
- Wed Sept 27: Need a new job? The Idaho Job & Career Fair is happening at Expo Idaho next week from 10am-2pm. There's over 50 businesses looking to fill full time and part time positions, plus workshops. It's free!
- Heads up: Disney on Ice starts next week, Th Sept 28 through Sun Oct 1. It's at ExtraMile Arena. Tix are $20 and kids age 2 and up have to have a ticket.
- Another heads up: Boise Phil is kicking off its season next week on Sat Sept 30 with the world premiere of local Boise composer Jim Cockey’s new work, Fanfare of Hope and Freedom. The concert ends with an epic promenade through a musical gallery with Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition. Get your tix here!
Wondering what the BFFs are up to these days? Lots! We've got meetups, a new secret website, and all kinds of fun stuff coming soon. Join us!
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading! Have a fun weekend!
With love from Boise,