In partnership with Downtown Boise Association
Tis the season to celebrate Holidays in the City. Join the many fun festivities happening in downtown Boise:
- The Holiday Tree Lighting ceremony is on Fri Nov 25 at 5pm
- Winter Windows voting is open Nov 25-Dec18! Vote for your three fave windows & enjoy the artwork all season.
- Small Business Saturday is Nov 26. It's a great time to do holiday shopping.
- Dec 1 is First Thursday! Also a great time to do some holiday shopping.
- City Santa will be at D.L. Evans bank on Dec 1, 3, 10, & 17.
More holiday shopping
This week's Tuesday story was a huge list of places to shop local for the holidays. You can read it here. I got a few more suggestions & there's some holiday markets this weekend.
- Artisans of Idaho at 2100 E Fairview Ave, #8, Meridian. It's a permanent local artist store filled with cool art. (Thanks Lexi!)
- Cherry Hill Farms has chocolate-covered cherry gift boxes. You can pick up or they deliver.
- Th-Sat Nov 17-19: Merry Grinchmas Makers Market at Holiday House Boutique
- Fri Nov 18: Holiday Night Market at Riverside Hotel
- Fri-Sat Nov 18-19: Wintry Market at Boise Centre
- Fri-Sun Nov 18-20: The Annual Pottery & Art Sale at Fort Boise Community Center.
- Sat-Sun Nov 19-20: Handmade Idaho Holiday Show at El Korah
- Sat Nov 19: No New Vintage Market at Linen Building
- Sat Nov 19: 41st Annual Holiday Bazaar at Dick Eardley Senior Center
Christmas is coming
- TONIGHT: The annual Tree Lighting & Santa’s Arrival at The Village at Meridian is happening tonight at 6pm. Fam-friendly entertainment, fireworks & special guests. It's free!
- Fri Nov 18: Christmas in Color, a drive-thru experience where xmas lights are synced to music, begins tomorrow at Expo Idaho. It's open Mon-Sat 5:30-10pm until the new year.
- Fri-Sun, Nov 18-20: The Winter Wonderland Festival at Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell is happening every night this weekend from 6-9pm. There is no official lighting ceremony this year. Go see the lights, visit Santa, ice skate & do some holiday shopping. It's free!
- Sat Nov 19: Irish Dance Idaho is performing Celtic Holiday at Nampa Civic Center at 2pm & 7pm.
- Tue Nov 22: Go see The Hip Hop Nutcracker at Morrison Center, featuring all-star dancers, a DJ, a violinist, and MC Kurtis Blow. Tix are $33.50-$73.50.
Ski season is officially here
Bogus Basin is opening this weekend! They are doing a soft launch on Saturday, Nov 19 with 3 chairlifts & 4 conveyer lifts.
This weekend is limited to season pass holders & a restricted quantity of 100 reduced-price lift tickets, available online for advanced purchase only.
Let the shreddin begin🏂
Sponsored by Renteria Realty Group
Robert's Real Estate Update: Price corrections, interest rate hikes and market activity are all the rage right now. I’d like to break them down for you and let you know what the market is doing.
- The market is still extremely busy right now, even with interest rates around 6.9%.
- Lately our winning offers are closer to asking price.
- We are anticipating a strong 2023 with midterm elections and 2024 being a presidential election year. That usually brings lower interest rates and a decrease in inflation.
- Remember: real estate is like a waterbed. When one market goes down (residential owner occupied purchases), one market will go up (investment purchases). The same goes for interest rates and prices: interest rates increase, sales prices decrease, and when interest rates decrease, prices and competition increase.
Tunes & shows
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Fri Nov 18 @ 8pm: Josiah Johnson + Shaina Shepherd at The Olympic
- Fri Nov 18 @ 8pm: Adam Calhoun & Demun Jones at Revolution Center
- Fri Nov 18 @ 8pm: Aaron Watson at Knitting Factory
- Fri Nov 18 @ 8pm: David Wilcox at The Sapphire Room
- Fri Nov 18 @ 9pm: Tropico FM Music Showcase at Neurolux
- Sat Nov 19 @ 8pm: Hot Flash Heat Wave Sports + Sipper at The Shredder
- Sat Nov 19: Laney Lou & The Bird-Dogs + Ryan Curtis at The Olympic
- Sat Nov 19 @ 9pm: Reggaeton Night at Knitting Factory
- Sun Nov 20 @ 8pm: The Murlocs + Paul Jacobs at Neurolux
- Sun Nov 20 @ 7pm: Dave Nudo Band at The Sapphire Room
- Tue Nov 22 @ 7pm: Modern Color + Toner + Soft Blue Shimmer + Mofie at Mad Swede Brew Hall
- Wed Nov 23: Rock Dee House Dueling Pianos at The Sapphire Room
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Comedy & storytelling
- TONIGHT: November Poetry Slam is happening at Guru Donuts in downtown Boise. Sign ups at 5pm, slams start at 5:30pm. It's free & all ages.
- Fri Nov 18: The Board Game Comedy Hour with comedian Grant Lyon at Fantastic Games is happening 8-9pm. Tix are $10
- Fri Nov 18: Comedian John Mulaney is at Idaho Central Arena. Tix are $40-$150, starts at 8pm.
- Sat Nov 19: Femme Fatale Comedy Show is at Mad Swede Brew Hall from 8:30-11:30pm. Tix are $15.
- Sat Nov 19: Romper Room Comedy, a fashion comedy show, is at Mad Swede Brew Hall downtown from 7-8:30pm. Tix start at $22.
Food finds & things to drink
- Sad news: Txikiteo is closing at the end of the year :( Their final night will be NYE. Get in there while you can!
- We have a new Vietnamese Restaurant, Pho-Nomenal at 10548 W Fairview Ave in Boise.
- Juniper's latest dessert special is peanut butter & maple cheesecake with salted pretzel crust. Oh my lord.
- Fri Nov 18: The Hyde Park Wine Expo is happening 4-9pm. Tix are $20 & includes your first glass.
- Sat Nov 19: Tom Grainey's Winter Ale Fest (fka Pray for Snow) is happening on 6th & Grove from 3-9pm. 40+ breweries, food trucks, cocktails & vendors. Tix are $5-$35 & it's all ages.
- Sun Nov 20: Get your tix for Telaya Bites: Thanksgiving with Nosh, happening from 7-9pm. Tix are $40. Menu looks amazing.
Things to do
- Fri-Sun Nov 18-20: Go hear Broadway – Singing the Decades, a Knock 'em Dead Theatre medley of famous Broadway musical songs that span eight decades. It's at Cathedral of the Rockies downtown campus on Fri-Sat at 7 pm & Sun at 3 pm. Tix are $20 online; $25 at door.
- Sat Nov 19: Bring the fam to DINO-vember at Boise WaterShed. There's a dino dig, crafts & free geodes that you crack open on site. It's free!
- Sat Nov 19: Join Stories From Our Neighborhood: a Scavenger Hunt and Writing Workshop with Roohi Choudhry, the current artist in residence at Surel's Place. It's $35.
- Sat Nov 19: Check out the Neo-Classical Burlesque, (accompanied by The Ashley Rose Band) at Neurolux. show starts at 9pm, 21+
- Sat-Sun Nov 19-20: Go see LED's KID LIGHTNING, a brand new theatrical experience through virtuosic dance, original music, and stunning scenic design. It's at the Morrison Center and tix are $31-$62.
- Sun Nov 20: Sunday sweat! Take the Intro To Muay Thai Boxing Class With Wyakin Foundation at Lost Grove Brewing. It's $20 & starts at 11am.
- Mon Nov 21: Go watch football movies at The Egyptian Theatre. Little Giants is at 2:30pm, Remember The Titans is at 5pm & Any Given Sunday is at 8pm.
- Tue Nov 22: Hackfort Happy Hour is happening at Mother Earth Brewing in downtown Boise. This month features Idaho Women In Technology. It's free to attend & you get a free beer.
Just trust me...
this is a fun lil reddit thread about local food challenges.
Thanks for reading! Have a fun weekend!
With love from Boise,
Shout out to Maritza G. for kindly tipping From Boise! Thank you!
If you love reading From Boise every week, please considering supporting our work! Even $1 helps keep From Boise going <3