Happy St Paddy's!
Here's the Boise Highlanders schedule (Boise's bagpipers) for the weekend. They are busy! And here's a bunch of St. Patrick's Day celebrations:
- Butte in Boise, an annual St. Patrick's Day celebration at Boise Centre, is happening 5-9pm. Enjoy Irish food, drinks, music & more. Tix are $50 per person (include dinner buffet, music & a drink) or $450 for a 10 person table.
- Quinn's has will has performances all day, live music & food & drink specials.
- Mad Swede Brew Hall (downtown) is hosting piano bar performer Big Richard for a night of Irish pub songs & more. Tix are $17 and include the show & a pint of green beer or hard seltzer. Free karaoke after the show. Kids allowed until 8pm.
- Mad Swede Brewing (Cole Rd) will have Irish step dancers at 5pm, live music at 6pm, bagpipes at 8:30pm. Also there will be green beer by the pint & pitcher, & pizza! Kids allowed until 8pm.
- Powderhaus Brewing Company is celebrating with Irish Pub Week. Live music, beer specials & more through Saturday.
- Mother Earth Tap House has St Pat's events and food trucks all week end.
- Sawtooth Winery is throwing a party with hors d'oeuvres, a raffle, and gold mimosas, green beer & wine. Tix are $45 and goes 7-10pm. 21+
- Hooligan's Pub is celebrating with drink specials, Irish food menu and live music. 21+
- The Bishop's House is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with a four-course din of traditional Irish fare. Tix are $50. 21+
- The Owyhee Tavern has traditional Irish dishes, green beer and whiskey, plus a performance from the Boise Highlanders at 8pm.
- The James has traditional Irish food & entertainment.
- Ironwood Bar & Grill has a party with live music by Generator Saints.
- Anything But Pants St. Paddy's Day Bar Crawl is happening at Amsterdam Lounge, Dirty Little Roddy's, Karma & StrangeLove. Tix are $10 & gets you into all 4 bars. 21+
- McCleary's in Caldwell has food specials & entertainment Friday-Sunday.
Vinyl pop up on Saturday
The Boise Spring Vinyl Hi-fi Sale is happening at Lost Grove Brewing on Saturday from 1-5pm. Multiple vinyl enthusiasts from around the valley will be there selling and swapping records. It's free to attend!
Tunes & shows
Treefort Music Hall is opening this weekend! They are kicking things off with a punk rock show featuring Canadian punks PUP, Cali's Joyce Manor and indie rockers Pool Kids. Tix are $30 GA, $60 rail seating, or $140 for a table. All ages.
- Fri March 17: Good Time Charlie at 3 Horse Ranch Vineyards
- Fri March 17: Mania The Abba Tribute at The Egyptian
- Fri March 17: HiFi Murder + Dogs In The Fight + DILFS at New Colony Beer Co
- Sat March 18: Borgore at Revolution Center
- Sun March 19: PUP + Joyce Manor + Pool Kids at Treefort Music Hall
- Mon March 20: The Appleseed Cast at Neurolux
- Tue March 21: Sicard Hollow + The Sweet Lillies + Pixie & the Partygrass Boys at The Sapphire Room
- Wed March 22: The Jeremiahs at The Sapphire Room
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri-Sat March 17-18: Comedian Heath Harmison is at Lounge at the End of the Universe for two shows. Tix are $20. 18+
- Sat March 18: Treasure Valley Reads Presents: An Evening with Madhushree Ghosh. Remember my book club story? This is an evening with the author of the chosen book for Treasure Valley Reads. It's free!
- Sat March 18: Comedian Costaki Economopoulis is at Lounge at the End of the Universe for one night only. Tix are $20. 18+
- Sat March 18: The Little City Comedy Showcase is happening at Mad Swede downtown with five local comedians. Tix are $20 online or $25 at the door.
- Sun March 19: Monkey See, Monkey Do: A Family Improv Matinee is happening at 2pm at the Lounge at the End of the Universe. Tix are $10.
- Wed March 22: Comedian and actor Kevin James is at the Morrison Center. Tix start at $60.
- Weekly comedy open mics: Mondays at Mad Swede (Cole Road), sign ups 7:30pm/start 8pm. Thursdays at Mad Swede (Downtown), online sign ups, starts at 8pm. Saturday at Mad Swede (Downtown), sign ups 10:30pm, start 11pm.
Sponsored by ExtraMile Arena
...PAW Patrol Live! is at ExtraMile Arena! Bring the kid(s) in your life to help the pups find the pirate treasure on March 18th & 19th. There's FOUR chances to catch the live show:
- Saturday, March 18th | 10:00AM & 2:00PM
- Sunday, March 19th | 12:00PM & 4:00PM
Get your tickets for PAW Patrol & get ready to roll!
Food finds & things to drink
- Check out Guru Donuts new donut lineup! Looks soo good.
- The new treats at Trailside Bakery also look soo good.
- Coned Pizza has a St Paddy's dessert cone for the month of March.
- TONIGHT: Learn Simple, Clean Breakfasts to Support Gut Health at The Vervain Collective. The workshop is $25 and goes 5-6:30pm.
- Sat March 18: Nampa's Food Truck Rally Goes to the Dogs is happening at Lloyd Square in Nampa. Live music, food trucks, vendors & beer - all proceeds support the Amity Dog Park!
- Mon March 20: Check out Telaya's pop-up Chef Series with Chef Gee! Enjoy sushi apps & entrees and Telaya wine. Tix are $90 and goes 7-9pm.
- Next Sat March 25: Join the Easter Charcuterie Workshop at Ste. Chappelle. Tix are $55 and includes all items & a glass of wine. 21+
- Get your tix: Herb Gardening Workshop at Petite 4 is on Tuesday, March 28 at 5pm. It's $60 & includes all materials to make your own living tabletop herb garden plus snacks & drinks from Petite 4.
- Get your tix: Glass Class at Telaya is on Thursday, March 30. Learn how the shape and style of your wine glass can affect your tasting experience. Tix are $60 & includes a personal charcuterie box, a flight of preselected wines, and a set of 4 different Riedel Glasses to take home.
- Wednesdays: Idaho Botanical Garden is starting to host food trucks in their parking lot from 11am-1pm.
Things to do
- Fri March 17: It's opening night of The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Nighttime at Stage Coach Theatre. The show runs Thursday-Sunday until April 1.
- Sat March 18: Go watch a movie at The Egyptian Theatre. Ratatouille is at 1:30pm, The Pink Panther (1963) is at 4:30pm, and My Own Private Idaho is at 7:30pm. Tix are $10.
- Sat March 18-26: Go on a Cemetery Tour at the Old Idaho Pen. Experience a unique tour of the Idaho State Penitentiary & its rarely seen prison cemetery. Tix are $15 & include Old Pen admission.
- Sun March 19: More movies at The Egyptian Theatre. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) is at 1:30pm and Vertigo is at 4:30pm. Tix are $10.
- Sun March 19: Go on a Bird Walk along the Bethine Church River Trail. Starts at 1pm & it's free!
- Mon March 20: Join the Pre-Fort Happy Hour at Broadcast Coffee with Radio Boise, Oatly and Broadcast. Radio Boise will be spinning tunes for folks while they plan their Treefort with friends. All drink proceeds go to Radio Boise!
Just trust me...
someone please open a pretzel shop.
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Click here to read & share this story!
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.