Tuesday follow up
Tuesday's story was all about places to do some shopping this summer & I missed a good one! Fussy Hussy on State Street. The boutique is on a gorgeous historic property and has new & vintage clothing, jewelry & more. Check them out at 4916 W State Street.
Don't miss Dance Boise
On Saturday, June 11 at 7:30pm, Dance Boise is back for its second year!
This is an amazinggg event that gathers Boise's dance community on one stage for an incredible performance. It's FREE and happens in that open-air amphitheater on BSU campus, right on the Greenbelt just past the Friendship Bridge between Albertsons Library and Taylor Hall. You can RSVP here. It's so cool - don't miss it!
On Sunday, June 12, Savor Idaho is back at the Idaho Botanical Garden. It's a one-day Idaho wine & cider tasting event. Tix are $60 and it's 21+. You can choose to attend 11:30-2pm or 3-5:30pm. There will be food trucks on site or you can add an adult lunchable to your ticket for $20. You can also byo picnic /blanket/chairs.
Sponsored by Viking Coffee
Wake up & be bold
On your way to downtown Boise in the morning? Grab your cup of joe, a smoothie or a handmade Scandinavian pastry at Viking Coffee. Located in Green Acres Food Truck park, right on the Greenbelt and Shoreline Drive, Viking Coffee is open Tuesday - Saturday, 7am-1pm. Go try it!
Tunes & shows
Two summer concert series kick off next week. Alive After Five and the Neighborhood Concert Series both start next Wednesday. Both are all ages and free! I'll bet you've never heard the opening band for AA5, but you should. The Santucci Brothers & Mungo are a local band and aaaamazing. Don't miss it.
See more upcoming shows at fromboise.com/shows
- Th June 9 @ 7:30pm: Blackwater Holylight + Spirt Mother + Ealdor Bealu at Neurolux
- Th June 9 @ 8pm: Vansire at The Olympic
- Fri June 10 @ 6pm: Stef & The Groove at Ste. Chapelle Winery
- Fri June 10 @ 8pm: Tropical Latin Party at Knitting Factory
- Fri-Sun June 10-12: Famous Motel Cowboys Reunion at Visual Arts Collective
- Sat June 11 @ 6pm: The Plagiarists Album Release + Art Show @ Fort Builder
- Sat June 11 @ 8pm: Boot Juice + Canyon Kids at The Olympic
- Sun June 12 @ 1pm: The Fabulous Chancellors at Ste. Chapelle Winery
- Sun June 12 @ 7pm: Hovvdy + Mini Trees at Neurolux
- Sun June 12 @ 8pm: Cool Ghouls at The Olympic
- Tu June 14 @ 6pm: Boondock Boys at Indian Creek Plaza
- Wed June 15 @ 5pm: True Loves + The Santucci Brothers & Mungo at Alive After Five (Grove Plaza)
- Wed June 15 @ 5pm: Neighborhood Concert at Sunset Park
- Wed June 15 @ 8pm: Bright Eyes at Knitting Factory
- Wed June 15 @ 8pm: Blvck Hippie at Neurolux
More upcoming shows: fromboise.com/shows
Food finds & things to drink
- Have y'all been to Parkside Market yet? It's gooood & very cute.
- Sat June 11: The Ballpark Brew Fest is happening at Memorial Stadium from 3-8pm. Local beer, food, live music & games. Tix are $15 & includes a lil mug and six tastings. U21 or DD tix are $5 & includes a hot dog and soda. Fun!
- Sat June 11: Sturman's Wine & Cigars is celebrating its 1 year anniversary! Live music, wine tastings, food trucks & more! Party starts at 2pm.
- Sat June 11: The Idaho Wildlife Federation's Public Lands Alefest 2022 is happening 2-5:30pm at Green Acres Food Truck Park. Games, beer, & lots of cool outdoorsy raffle prizes. Tix are $25, includes a beer, sticker & 5 raffle tix.
- Sat June 11: Like books? Like beer? Then you belong at the first annual Boise Books & Brews. Meet local authors, browse books, & drink local beer. It's 2-8pm at CopenRoss Growlers on the bench. Also every single time I say this business's name I say OpenCross like an idiot but I can't stop idk.
- Mon June 13: It's Pride Night at Payette Brewery! Join Boise's wonderful LGBTQ community for an all-ages, fam-friendly event. 6-10pm. The Boise Gay Men's Chorus and Boise Women's Chorus will perform at 7pm.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: Go do some Barre in the Garden with Pure Barre Boise. It's at Idaho Botanical Garden and starts at 6pm. Post-workout drinks from Lost Grove & ERTH Bev Co. All ages!
- TONIGHT: Do a Watercolor Paint & Sip at Payette Brewing with Moonstruck Creations. Starts at 6pm!
- TONIGHT: Go see Art at the Greenbelt Market: Pam McKnight in Garden City. 6-8pm. It's free!
- Fri June 10: Surel's Place Shrinky Dink Art Auction is happening 6-9:30pm!
- Fri June 10: Go see a free movie in the park! Encanto is showing in Optimist Park in Nampa. Starts at dusk (around 8:30) & very fam-friendly.
- Fri June 10: A skate documentary 828 is showing at The Egyptian Theatre. It's $20 and starts at 8pm.
- Fri June 10: Bogus Basin is opening its summer operations! They have new & improved trails for your riding, running & wildflower viewing pleasure.
- Sat June 11: Start your Saturday with Yoga at the Brewery at Lost Grove. It's $15 and includes a beverage & donation to the Wassmuth Center for Human Rights. Byo yoga mat.
- Sat June 11: The 13th Annual Super Summer Craft Market is back at Flying M Coffee in Nampa. Over 30 local makers will have all kinds of goodies for ya. Goes 9am-4pm & free to attend.
- Sat June 11: Go check out Caldwell Family Fun Day at Wittenberger and Rotary Pond Parks from 10am-1pm. There's a fishing derby, chalk art, free lunch & more.
- Sat June 11: The Nampa Celt Fest & Highland Games is happening from 9:30am-6pm in West Park in Nampa. Admission is $5 cash. In addition to Highlands Games, you'll enjoy music, food, beer garden, dancing & vendors.
- Sat June 11: Check out the 39th Annual Saturday in the Park Car Show at Kleiner Memorial Park in Meridian. Food trucks, music & cars - duh! Also bring a donation for the Meridian Food Bank.
- Sat June 11: Go watch Reel Rock 16, a rock climbing movie, at The Commons Climbing Gym. It's $13-$15. Byo snacks & cozy blanket.
- Sat June 11: Lost in Translation improv comedy show is happening at 8pm at The Creative Space in Garden City. It's all ages and tix range $5-$15. Free parking too!
- Sat June 11: Rising comedian Iliza Shlesinger is at the Morrison Center for 2 shows at 7pm and 9:45pm. Tix are $35.
- Now-Sun June 12: If you are lookin for a lil weekend road trip, go check out Shoshone Falls After Dark.
- Tu June 14: Go do Silent Disco Yoga at Camel's Back Park. Starts at 7pm and it's $20. Sounds funnnn.
- Tu June 14: Story Story Night Late Night is kicking off its summer season! Hear big, hairy stories from three locals. It's $12 adv/$15 door and starts at 8pm. These are held outside at the Old Idaho Pen. Byo blankets, snacks, low chairs. Beer & wine avilable to purchase. Story Story Late Night is best suited for adults.
Just trust me...
...did you know we have a new Boise podcast? City Cast Boise launched this week with a very interesting first episode about why some people say boy-see and others days boy-zee. Check em out and stay tuned for a From Boise x City Cast Boise partnership!
Thanks for reading & have a fun weekend!
With love from Boise,
PS - Do you love From Boise? You can keep it going by contributing just $5 on a monthly basis! Find out more here <3