In partnership with LED
Boise's performing arts sensation LED is back with premiere of KID LIGHTNING on November 19 & 20 at the Morrison Center. On the heels of a sold-out PNW summer tour, LED is bringing its jaw-dropping brand of physicality, original music, and theatrics to create a world of immersive storytelling and intrigue. Get your tix asap!
Tuesday's story was all about where to find good soup in the Treasure Valley! You guys had some more recs:
- Atavola in downtown Boise has made from scratch soups + lots of other things! Can't believe I forgot that one.
- French Onion soup at Bacquet's Restaurant in Eagle. All of their food looks amazing!
- Off Broadway Deli on Federal Way in Boise has made from scratch soups
- Ramen House in Meridian - go for the Tonkatsu and their Tantanmen (thanks Markus!)
Sat-Sun Nov 12-13: Treasure Valley Flea Market is happening all weekend at Expo Idaho! It's $3, $2 for seniors & kids under 12 free.
Sat Nov 12: Buy Idaho Holiday Market is happening from 10am-2pm on The Grove Plaza. It's free!
Sat Nov 12: Holiday Maker’s Market is happening from 10am-3pm at Franz Witte. It's free!
Tunes & shows
Treefort Music Fest announced the first part of the Treefort 11 (March 22-26, 2023) lineup this morning.
Some hot shows happening this weekend + next week:
- Th Nov 10 @ 7pm: Aborted + Ingested + Ov Sulfur + BARN at The Shredder
- Th Nov 10 @ 7pm: Machine Head at Revolution Center
- Th Nov 10 @ 8pm: Oh, Rose + Evolfo + Papas at Neurolux
- Th Nov 10 @ 8pm: Son Little + Moorea Masa & The Mood at The Olympic
- Fri Nov 11 @ 8pm: Echosmith at The Olympic
- Fri Nov 11 @ 8pm: Holy Fawn + SOM + Grivo at The Shredder
- Sat Nov 12 @ 8pm: Madi Diaz + Caroline Spence at The Olympic
- Sat Nov 12 @ 8pm: Pearl & The Oysters + guests at Neurolux
- Sat Nov 12 @ 9pm: Emo Nite at The Knitting Factory
- Sun Nov 13 @ 8pm: No Age + John Wiese at Neurolux
- Sun Nov 13 @ 8pm: The Brothers Comatose + Pixie & The Partygrass Boys at The Olympic
- Mon Nov 14 @ 8pm: Dead Boys + The Briefs + Suzi Moon at Neurolux
- Tue Nov 15 @ 7pm: Lucius at El Korah Shrine
- Wed Nov 16 @ 8pm: Victor Internet + Ariel & The Culture + Estereomance at Neurolux
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri Nov 11: The Riff improv comedy show is at Mad Swede Brew Hall downtown from 7-9pm. Tix are $15 online or $20 at the door.
- Sat Nov 12: Boise Zine Fest is happening at Karuna Kava from 1-4pm. It's free!
- Sun Nov 13: Catch The First Annual Jake Off at Watson's. Show starts at 6pm and tix are $20.
- Tue Nov 15: Couch Surfer Artist Series is happening at Ochos from 7-9pm event. Hear from writer Tomas Baiza & local musician Dan Costello. It's free! 21+
- Tue Nov 15: Story Story Night's i'M SUPPOSED TO BE GRATEFUL FOR THiS? is happening at VAC. 8-10pm. Tix are $17. 21+
Food finds & things to drink
- Fri Nov 11: Bear Island Brewing is giving free beer to veterans & active duty military from 4-7pm.
- Fri Nov 11: Ansots basque deli is doing a pop-up at Western Collective.
- Tue Nov 15: Join the Wildlife Science Pub at Lost Grove Brewing. It's free and all ages!
- New STIL ice cream flavor alert
- Lost Grove is starting pizza AND beer delivery!!
Things to do
- Fri Nov 11: Go watch Napoleon Dynamite & hear a convo with Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro) & Jon Gries (Uncle Rico). It's been almost 20 years since the movie was released!
- Fri Nov 11 + 18: November Night Tours at the Old Pen is happening this Friday & next Friday from 8-10pm.
- Sat Nov 12: The Kids Discovery Expo is happening at Expo Idaho from 10am-4pm. Kids activities, superheroes, princesses, food trucks & more. Tix are $5 each or $20 for the fam.
- Sat Nov 12: It's Family Second Saturday at Idaho State Museum & this month's focus is Native American Heritage Month. Storytelling at 1pm & 2pm, and events from 12-3pm.
- Sat Nov 12: Join the Terrarium Hanging Class at Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters downtown.
- Sat Nov 12: Join Sweat for a Cause at Payette Brewing. It's $20 for a 45min Pure Barre workout, beer & benefits Family Advocates. Class is at 5pm.
- Sat Nov 12: Join the Family Glow Dance Party at Harward Rec Center in Nampa. 7:30-9pm, $9-$11.
- Sun Nov 13: Go on a Bird Walk on the Bethine Church River Trail. It's free!
- Wed Nov 16: Check out Midweek Magic at Warehouse Food Hall.
- City Cast Boise recommends helping Interfaith Sanctuary with donations of winter wear, including winter books, heavy socks, base layers, coats, hand warmers, and more. As always, you can make a financial donation to Interfaith, or you can drop off some of their most requested items.
Just trust me...
...honestly this is the kind of homeowner I want to be
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.