Th Oct 20: Check out Witches Night Out at Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell. Businesses will be open late, costume contest at 7pm & live music & s'mores at 8pm.
Th Oct 20: Join the pumpkin paint & sip at Boise Co-op. Tix are $50-$60 & includes all materials, a glass of wine & apps. 21+
Th Oct 20: Get your costume ready at the Halloween Costuming Class at JUMP. It's free!
Fri Oct 21: Check out Murder Mystery Night: Witches Edition at Potter Wines. Tix are $45 & includes a drink, charcuterie, & participation.
Fri Oct 21: Join Boo & Brews at Zoo Boise. Bring your boo to the zoo for local breweries, special food menu, music, & other zoo experiences. Tix are $45 & includes 2 drinks.
Sat Oct 22: Go to Jump-or-Treat, a free Halloween experience for all ages at JUMP. 5:30-8:30pm.
Sat Oct 22: Join the Thriller Dance Class + Parking Lot Flash Mob at Potter Wines. It's $10 to participate and goes 3-5pm.
Sat Oct 22: See Unraveled, a Halloween drag show happening at The Balcony. Tix are $10 or front row reserved is $20. 21+
Next Sat Oct 29: Get your tix for the Anatomical Collage Workshop at Surel's Place. Artist Jazz Szu-Ying Chen will lead you in the creation of your very own anatomical collage piece using ornamental foliage, bats, & serpents. Tix are $45.
Dia de los muertos celebrations
Fri Oct 21: Join the Guatemalan Kites Hands-on Workshop at Idaho State Museum. In Guatemalan communities on Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), giant kites known as Barilletes Gigantes are flown over cemeteries to honor and communicate with deceased loved ones. Workshop goes 5:30-7:30pm & it's free!
Sun Oct 23: Go to Día de los Muertos Movie at the Museum & watch Coco in English at 12:30pm & Spanish 2:30pm. Tix are $5.
Wed Oct 26: Get an intimate look at Dia De Los Muertos at The Invitation, happening at Amsterdam Lounge. See the construction of a large altar & traditional hair, makeup & wardrobe on a few models who will be placed within the altar for a photoshoot. It's $25 and going on 7am-5pm.
Sponsored by Downtown Boise Association
Follow your tastebuds...
…through Downtown Boise. Taste of Downtown starts next week on Friday October 28 & goes through Sunday, November 6. Try a new restaurant (or three!) & enjoy a once-a-year brunch, lunch, happy hour & dinner menus. See participating restaurants & menus here.
Tunes & shows
- Th Oct 20 @ 7pm: Brooke Nicole & The Jake Leg Band + Deb Michels Gang at The Sapphire Room
- Th Oct 20 @ 9pm: The Synth Society at Club Karma
- Fri Oct 21 @ 8pm: Jeff Crosby at Neurolux
- Sat Oct 22 @ 7pm: Halie Loren at The Sapphire Room
- Sat Oct 22 @ 8pm: Bit Brigade performs "Mega Man II" + "Castlevania" + Dedicated Servers at Neurolux
- Sat Oct 22 @ 8pm: QWANQWA + Tora'dan at The Olympic
- Sun Oct 23 @ 6pm: Tylor & The Train Robbers at The Sapphire Room
- Sun Oct 23 @ 6pm: BK & The Eclectic Mini Concert at Guru Donuts (in Eagle)
- Sun Oct 23 @ 8pm: Black Lips at The Olympic
- Tu Oct 25 @ 8pm: James McMurtry + Jonny Burke at Neurolux
- Wed Oct 26 @ 7pm: Quaker City Night Hawks at The Olympic
- Wed Oct 26 @ 7pm: Ned Evett at The Sapphire Room
- Wed Oct 26 @ 8pm: The Dead Tongues + Nick Delffs at Neurolux
- Wed Oct 26 @ 8pm: Vincent Neil Emerson + Ryan Curtis at Visual Arts Collective
Comedy & storytelling
- Th Oct 20: Swing by The Brew Haha Comedy Open Mic at Mad Swede. 8-9:30pm.
- Sat Oct 22: Go see the Comic of the Month at Mad Swede Brew Hall. Tix are $20.
Food finds & things to drink
- Th Oct 20: Join Sockeye Brewing's Exclusive Brewers Dinner, a five-course meal paired with Sockeye beers. Tix are $80, includes all food & drink.
- Fri Oct 21: Join Terroir Supper Club at Hyde Park Fine Wines. Tix are $65 & includes 3 course, family-style meal.
- Sat Oct 22: Happy 7th bday Barbarian Brewing! To celebrate they are having a makers pop up market, live music, food & beer of course. 1pm at the Garden City location.
- Sun Oct 23: Learn Mochi 101 with Bochi Bochi at Split Rail Winery in Garden City. Tix are $45 and includes all materials & a glass of wine.
- Sun Oct 30: Get your tix for Harvest Brunch at Telaya Wine. It's a morning of wine harvest education & brunch with Crisp. Tix are $40, starts at 10:30am.
Things to do
- Th Oct 20: Push & Pour Running Club is back. Meet at the Latah & Alpine shop at 6pm & run a 5k around the bench.
- Th Oct 20: Join Latinx Book Club at 2C Wine Down at 6pm & discuss books written by Latinx authors.
- Th Oct 20: Join Femme Forward, an all-levels dance experience at The Balcony Club. It's $20.
- Sat Oct 22: Get a workout & drink at Burpees & Brews at Loose Screw Brew Co. Starts at $10am.
- Sat Oct 22: Check out the 208 Toy Show for toys, comic books, collectibles, cartoons & a chance to meet Austin St. John aka the red power ranger!
- Sat Oct 22: Join James Castle resident artist Antonius-Tín Bui in an experimental drawing workshop, Find Me Here. It's free & all ages!
- Sun Oct 23: Go to Harvest on the Water 2022 at Julia Davis Park. Live music, kids activities, food trucks, vendors, & more. 11am-9pm. It's free!
- Sun Oct 23: Go to Tea & Tarot, a metaphysical bazaar, at Lounge at the End of the Universe. Shop mystic makers, witchy vendors & energetic practitioners.
- Mon-Fri Oct 24-28: Go to Boise Entrepreneur Week at JUMP. The five day event celebrates & builds Idaho's entrepreneurial ecosystem. There's panels, speakers, mentoring, networking & live music. It's free to attend!
- Wed Oct 26: Go to Lunch Break Yoga Reset with Crystal at Kiln in Meridian. Starts at 12pm. It's free!
- City Cast Boise recommends helping out The United Way of Treasure Valley with the recent demand in their Basic Needs Pantry, which distributes food to K-12 students, particularly those without housing (there are 4,000 homeless students living in the valley). To help these students, United Way of TV is asking for donations of food, which can be found on their Amazon wishlist and shipped directly to their office.*
Tango in Boise
Hey, Nathan here, normally Marissa writes all the suggestions in the newsletter, but I want to sneak in with one:
The last 6 weeks I've been learning to dance Argentine Tango with Tango Boise. It's challenging, but really fun!
They've got a beginner series the first four Wednesdays of November at 8pm at Ochos on Idaho and 6th. This is the same class I started with as a first time tango dancer.
It's $50 per person for four, 1-hour beginner lessons and guided practices after each. No partner necessary since they rotate partners during the lesson. Couples don't need to rotate if they prefer to stick together.
The group is very welcoming and the instructors are great. You can learn more on their website: tangoboise.com.
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Love reading From Boise? Please consider supporting our work. A few ways you can help keep From Boise free & functioning:
💌Shout it from the rooftops (aka post on social media)
Thank you!! <3