In partnership with Tamarack Resort
Looking for a unique venue for your next meeting or event? Head up to Tamarack Resort! Tamarack offers indoor and outdoor venues of various sizes, plus they have group lodging options and all kinds of on-mountain activities for a fun team bonding experience. And the best part? Tamarack’s stellar event staff will help you plan and pull off your entire trip!
Start planning your next event with Tamarack Resort.
Treefort local's only sale
Fri Sept 8: Tickets for Treefort Music Fest 2024 are goin on sale! The Local's Only Sale is a one-day, in-person sale at Record Exchange happening on Friday, Sept 8 from 10am-8pm. You can get a 5-day festival pass for $220 ($50 off). Also if you buy a Local's Only pass you get entered into a giveaway for $100 Record Exchange gift card!
Also, there's a 25% off Treefort Merch Sale happening at Shrine Social Club (across from Record Exchange) on Friday, Sept 8 from 10am-8pm. The sale is also happening online through Saturday, September 30 with the code HOT25OFF.
Btw, the dates for the next Treefort are March 20-24, 2024.
Happy Pride 🏳️🌈
Boise is celebrating Pride this weekend and there's lots of places to celebrate! Here's the list:
- TONIGHT: Zhoosh Pride Kickoff Social is happening at Hap Hap Lounge from 5-10pm. Hang, chat, flirt & kick off Pride with DJs Nancy Boy + Orographic and a performance by Cookie Puss. It's free! 21+
- TONIGHT: Let's Get Freaky, an evening of burlesque and drag at its freakiest featuring Evah Destruction from Boulet Brothers Dragula. Show starts at 8pm and tix start at $25. 21+
- Fri-Sun Sept 8-10: Boise Pride Fest is happening at Cecil D Andrus Park in downtown Boise. The fest goes Friday 5:30-10:15pm, Saturday 11am-9pm, and Sunday 9:30am-5pm. There's live music, dance performances and classes, drag, vendors, and more. The parade is at 9:30am on Sunday morning. The festival and parade is family and dog friendly. Full schedule here. It's free!
- Fri Sept 8: Pure Love is happening at Treefort Music Hall. Dance with DJs and immersive art installations under the disco ball. Tix are $15 and it starts at 8pm. All ages.
- Sat Sept 9: 2 Dykes and a Mic comedy show is happening at Lounge at the End of the Universe, featuring comedians McKenzie Goodwin and Rachel Scanlon. Tix are $25. 21+
- Sat Sept 9: Attention is happening at Treefort Music Hall. It's a pride party with DJs, drag, gogo, burlesque and more. Tix are $25 online, $30 at the door, $65 for VIP. Starts at 8pm. 21+
- Sun Sept 10: Pridesque, a burlesque performance is happening at Pengilly's at 9pm. It's free! 21+
- Sun Sept 10: Daytime Television Pride Edition is happening at Lost Grove Brewing from 3-8pm. Live music from DJs Nancy Boy + Black Velvet + Orographic + Trevor Sigler. It's $10.
Art in the Park
Fri-Sun Sept 8-10: Art in the Park is happening in Julia Davis Park. It’s an amazing open-air art festival with over 200 artists selling and showing their works. It’s a great place to do your xmas shopping. Lots of vendors to shop plus food, live music, kid activities and more. Art in the Park is happening on Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-5pm. It’s free to attend!
Sun Sept 10: Biketoberfest with The Handlebar Roadshow is happening at Barbarian Brewing in Garden City. Handlebar is a bike-themed bar in downtown Boise and they do bike races on Thursday nights inside the bar (which are SO fun). This Sunday, Handlebar is bringing its bike races out to Barbarian Brewing! The event is from 4-7pm, there’s practices races from 4-5pm then racing from 5-7pm. There’s also a food truck there from 2-7pm and of course, there’s a beer. It's all ages and dog-friendly.
Sponsored by Valley Regional Transit
Valley Regional Transit is working to create a better bus system in the Treasure Valley – one that is efficient, reliable, and adaptable. As VRT works through redesigning our bus network, they need your feedback and input.
What does a better bus system look like for you? Review the proposed changes & let VRT know what you think here!
Tunes & shows
- Th Sept 7: Youth Lagoon + urika’s bedroom at Treefort Music Hall
- Th Sept 7: Goodnight, Texas + Low-Fi at Idaho Botanical Garden
- Fri Sept 8: Alabaster DePlume + Ana Lete + Jens Kuross at Neurolux
- Fri Sept 8: Pure Love at Treefort Music Hall
- Fri Sept 8: The Taylor Party: Taylor Swift Night at Knitting Factory
- Fri Sept 8: Little Image + Hastings + Levi Evans at The Olympic
- Sat Sept 9: The Kings of Swing at Meridian City Hall
- Sat Sept 9: Soul Glo + Zulu + Playytime at The Shredder
- Sat Sept 9: Emo Nite at Knitting Factory
- Sat Sept 9: Nattali Rize + Minori at The Olympic
- Sat Sept 9: Griffin House at VAC
- Sat Sept 9: Blistered Earth (Metallica Tribute Band) + Karin Comes Killing at Ironwood Bar & Grill
- Sat Sept 9: Smells Like Nirvana at Knitting Factory
- Sat Sept 9: Steve Miller Band at Idaho Center
- Sun Sept 10: Caitlyn Smith + Brandon Ratcliff at The Olympic Venue
- Sun Sept 10: Nico Play + Abbey Leach + Damien Burrello at Shrine Basement
- Sun Sept 10: ViBRANT w/ RahKeem at Hap Hap Lounge
- Mon Sept 11: Unwed Sailor + Tremours at Shrine Basement
- Mon Sept 11: Curtis Stigers at Idaho Shakespeare Festival
- Tue Sept 12: Sweeping Promises + Mandias + The Cruks at Neurolux
- Tue Sept 12: Kiltro + Nina De Freitas at The Olympic Venue
- Tue Sept 12: Mattson 2 at Shrine Basement
Comedy & storytelling
- Th-Fri Sept 7-8: Alley Repertory Theater is performing Bent Compass, a show based on true stories following an Army medic. The performance is at VAC (21+) and starts at 8pm both nights. Tix are $15 or $7.50 for military & teachers.
- Fri Sept 8: The Riff, a monthly improv stand up show, is happening at Mad Swede Downtown at 7pm. You give the topics, they make the jokes. Tix are $20 online or $25 at the door.
- Fri Sept 8: Comedian Chris Fairbanks is at the Lounge at the End of the Universe at 7:30pm. Tix are $25 and it's 21+ event.
- Sat Sept 9: Don't Tell Comedy show happening at 8pm at a TBD location.
- Sat Sept 9: Battle of the Sexes Comedy Night is happening at Mad Swede Downtown from 7-11pm. It's two comedy shows in one night! HE-larious is at 7pm and Femme Fatale is at 9pm. Attend one or both! Tix are $35 for both shows or $20 for one show.
- Sat Sept 9: Comedians Anthony Crawford + Jacob Erdman are at Volume 1 Bar & Lounge in Meridian. Show is 9-11pm & tix are $15.
- Sat Sept 9: Mercy and the Change of Seasons, a poetry and prose reading night, is happening at Surel's Place at 7pm. Hear readings from Sydney Bergeson, John Wicks, Rebecca Evans, Anika Bennett, Calvin Udall, Heidi Kraay, and Matt Bunk.
- Mon Sept 11: Campfire Stories with local writers CMarie Fuhrman + Kim Cross is happening at The Modern at 7pm. It's free!
- Weekly comedy open mics: Mondays at Mad Swede (Cole Road), sign ups 7:30pm/start 8pm. Tuesdays at Hops & Bottles at 6:30pm. Thursdays at Mad Swede (Downtown), online sign ups, starts at 8pm. Saturday at Mad Swede (Downtown), sign ups 10:30pm, start 11pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- TONIGHT: Happy 5th bday Meriwether Cider! They are celebrating with a party complete with cider, cake and a bday candle craft. Fun! It's goes 4-8pm & it's free.
- Fri Sept 8: Check out the Bring Your Own Vase Bouquet Bar at WM Knight Lavender, Flowers & Herb farm in New Plymouth. They will have flowers ready, all you do is show up with a vase & start building! You can byo food and drinks. It's $10 to participate. Goes 5:30-9pm.
- Sat Sept 9: Hops & Crops Festival is happening at Indian Creek Plaza from 1-5pm. There’s local breweries, vendors and live music on the plaza, plus hop harvest tours. You can take a bus out to a local hop farm to see the process and talk to the farmers. If you want to do the tour, you register on-site at Indian Creek Plaza by the stage loading zone and long pants and closed toe shoes are retired. It's free!
- Sat Sept 9: Sockeye Brewing is hosting its annual Bacon and Beer Festival at Expo Idaho from 1-5pm. There's 25 local and regional breweries, bacon-infused food, live music, yard games, and more. Tix are $45 and includes a tasting glass, beer, and food. If you are the DD, your tix is $18. 21+
- Boise Fry Co just announced dill pickle fry salt coming to all locations! Whaaat :o
- Next Th Sept 14: Salsa Fest is happening at North End Organic Nursery. Sample locally made salsa or enter your own! This event is super popular and fun so get there early. Goes 5-8pm.
Things to do
- TONIGHT: It's First Thursday in downtown Boise. Lots of fun stuff happening this month!
- TONIGHT: Check out the first ever Harvest Festival Pop-Up at Boise Art Glass. There's two harvest-themed craft classes, live music, art vendors, food trucks and a beer van. It goes 5-8pm and it's free!
- Fri Sept 8: Halloween alert!! Haunted World Idaho (a haunted house) opens Friday!
- Fri Sept 8: Scentsy Fireworks Show is happening at 9pm. It's the finale of their Rock-a-Thon fundraiser to raise money for Idaho Youth Ranch. The show is free w/ suggested donation.
- Sat Sept 9: There's a Summer Cosplay Gathering happening at Kleiner Park in Meridian from 10am-2pm. It's free!
- Sat Sept 9: Makers Market is happening at The Village at Meridian. There's over 25 local makers, a craft station, kid events and more. It's free to attend & park! Goes 11am-4pm.
- Sat Sept 9: Movie day at The Egyptian! Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (2005) is at 12pm. The Shining (1980) is at 4pm. Nothing But Trouble (1991) is at 7pm. All movies are $10 each.
- Sun Sept 10: The Boise Flea is still going! Happening 10am-4pm. It's free!
- Wed Sept 13: Are you a small business owner or entrepreneur? Check out the Small Business Resource Fair at unBound at the Meridian Library! It's a free event to network and learn about different organizations and resources available to local small businesses. It goes 10am-4pm and it's free to attend!
Do you have FOMO yet?😜 We've got a calendar full of BFF meetups happening through the end of the year. Join us!
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading! Have a fun weekend!
With love from Boise,