In partnership with Anthony's
Reel in the gift of the season with a gift card from Anthony’s! Since 1973, Anthony’s Restaurants has been inspired to provide diners opportunities to create shared memories with remarkable dining experiences.
Gift cards are available in any denomination, can be used at any Anthony’s location, and never expire. Stop by the restaurant in downtown Boise (on Front Street) or buy a gift card online today.
Last min shopping
TONIGHT: Split Rail Winery is having a Wine Cocktails + Procrastinator's Market from 5-8pm. Some really great vendors there and a sweet raffle!
TONIGHT & Fri Dec 23: Heidi Rosa's German Kitchen is doing her annual holiday pop up at Das Alpenhaus. Sounds amazing. 11:30am-5pm both days.
A gift card to The Flicks makes a great stocking stuffer or last min gift! They have gift cards, 10 movie punch cards & annual passes.
And I have a few From Boise tees left.
TONIGHT: I’ll Be Home For Christmas, a Handmade, Homespun Family Christmas Show is happening at the Basque Center at 6pm. It's a fundraiser to LEAP housing. Free to attend!
TONIGHT: Check out Annual Holiday Trivia Night at New Colony Brewing on Orchard. Starts at 7pm.
TONIGHT: Go watch White Christmas at The Egyptian Theatre. Starts at 5pm & tix are $10.
TONIGHT: Go watch Die Hard at The Egyptian Theatre. Starts at 8pm & tix are $10.
Fri Dec 23: Catch the Polar Express at The Egyptian Theatre. Starts at 2:30pm & tix are $10.
Fri Dec 23: Join Mother Earth Brew Co's First Annual Ugly Sweater Party. Live music, food, drinks & dogs welcome!
Fri Dec 23: Go see the best xmas movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, at The Egyptian Theatre. Starts at 5:15pm & tix are $10.
Fri Dec 23: Visit Santa at Caldwell Train Depot. 6:30-8:30pm. It's free!
Fri Dec 23: The Lounge at the End of the Universe is having a Xmas seXual Xtravaganza at 9pm. 21+
Sat Dec 24: 44 Club is having Christmas Eve karaoke karoling. Drink specials & bad singing.
Got friends and fam in town? Some ideas to entertain them:
Go see holiday lights: Drive through Christmas in Color at Expo Idaho, walk the Idaho Botanical Garden's Winter Garden aGlow, Scentsy Commons in Meridian, or Winter Wonderland in Caldwell. Also you can drive around & see lights via the Boise Christmas Lights Map.
Go to the Idaho Steelheads hockey game on Friday, Dec 23 at 7:10pm.
My fave places to take visitors for lunch/dinner: The Wylder (they have an awesome take out deal called Wyld Night In), North End Pizza, Bardenay, Stagecoach Inn, Anthony's, Trillium, Wepa, Crave Kitchen in Eagle, The Local, Edge Brewing, The Modern Bar, Epi's, Alyonka's, & Willowcreek Grill.
Go shopping. Here's my list of local places to shop.
Making plans for NYE plans? Here's a few to keep in mind/buy tickets for. Next week I will have allll the NYE events I can find plus fam-friendly/all ages events & some ideas for the inside kitties who are celebrating at home.
Sat Dec 31: Thick as Thieves, a hidden cocktail bar in downtown Boise, is hosting a NYE Masquerade Party. Tix are $150-$175 and include reserved seating, open bar, snacks & midnight champagne. 21+
Sat Dec 31: The Lively is hosting A Lively New Years Eve. It's a 5 course pre-fixe dinner, dancing, and champagne midnight toast. Tix are sold per table & it's $200 per seat. Veg options available. Starts at 7pm. Pretty sure it's 21+
Sat Dec 31: Gatsby 1920 is having an all inclusive NYE party with open bar, food, party favors, live music & bubbles. It's $125 for standing or $225/person for a booth. Starts at 8pm. 21+
Sat Dec 31: Barbarian Brewing is having a NYE Silent Disco at the Garden City location. It's $15 and includes headphones & midnight champagne. 21+
Sat Dec 31: Vintage 61 Wine Bar & Kitchen in Meridian is having a Vintage 61 New Years Eve Great Gatsby Bash. It's a 4 course dinner party with live music, a casino room & cigar bar, plus midnight champagne toast & dessert buffet. It's $150 & includes all of it. 21+
Sponsored by Meridian Plumbing
Cold temps & winter weather...
can lead to serious plumbing problems. Here's a few tips from your local experts at Meridian Plumbing:
- Be sure to close crawl space vents, disconnect any outside hoses, and keep your garage closed. These common oversights can lead to frozen pipes & leaks this time of year.
- If your upstairs bathroom overhangs the outside of your house or is above your garage, keep that room warmer or the cabinet open to prevent the pipes from freezing.
- If you do have pipes that freeze in a bathroom or kitchen, open the cabinets to let more heat into the area. You can also add a space heater to the room to help them thaw.
And if you do run into winter plumbing issues, Meridian Plumbing will come out to your home for free to give you expert advice & multiple options to repair, replace, or upgrade – with all prices up-front. Happy holidays from Meridian Plumbing!
Tunes & shows
- TONIGHT: Sisters in Songwriting: Holiday Showcase at The Sapphire Room
- Fri Dec 23 @ 7pm: Blues Addicts at The Sapphire Room
- Fri Dec 23 @ 8pm: Brooke Would’s Bless the Booty Bionic III w/ Babe Prophit + Effy K + Kasher + more at Neurolux
- Fri Dec 23 @ 9pm: Time Zone + Kissay + Babe + Will Schön + Tony Caprese at Shadow Puppet
- Sat Dec 24 @ 7pm: Emina Tufo & Full Band at Bosnia Express
- Mon Dec 26 @ 6:30pm: Bluegrass Jam at Ironwood Bar & Grill
Comedy & storytelling
- Fri Dec 23: Pet Stories, a comedy storytelling event, is happening at Mad Swede Downtown. Tix are $15 online or $20 at the door. Starts at 7pm.
- Tues Dec 27: Go see Story Story Night's SiGHT & hear true stories of "making sense of it all" at JUMP. Tix are $12 online or $15 at the door. 7-9pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- Places open on Christmas Eve/Day: Kona Grill in Meridian, Black Bear Diner, Cottonwood Grille, Jakers, Texas de Brazil, Riverside Grill, Madhuban Indian Cuisine (free xmas day lunch buffet!), Chandlers & The James.
- Fri Dec 23: Lost Grove is having a Beer Pong Tournament. Get there between 4:30-5:30pm to sign up, then the balls start flyin at 6pm. $10 per team.
- Next Th Dec 29: Get your tix for the Charcuterie Essentials workshop at Telaya Wine Co. Tix are $50 for 2 people & includes charcuterie do's & don'ts, sampling, glass of wine, a bottle of wine to take home & a sustainably packaged charcuterie kit for your NYE party. Fun!!
- Wild Plum has opening for its greenhouse dinners next week.
Just trust me...
Tell me what you think
Can you do me a huuuge favor and fill out my end of year survey? Your feedback is so so helpful to me. I am always trying to make sure From Boise is fun & helpful, so if there are things you like reading about, things you wish were different, or things you want to see, pleaseee let me know. It's anonymous & I don't take anything personally, so tell me the truth!
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!
With love from Boise,
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.