There's a bunch of movies showing around Boise this weekend. Also fellow horror fans - there's a new Scream in theaters starting today!
- TONIGHT: The Women's Adventure Film Tour is at The Flicks tonight at 7pm. Tix are $10.
- Fri March 10: The Grand Budapest Hotel is at The Egyptian Theatre at 7pm. Tix are $10.
- Sat March 11: The 2023 Fly Fishing Film Tour is at The Egyptian Theatre at 7pm. Tix are $20.
- Sat March 11: Reel Rock 17, a film showcasing some of the greatest climbing-related accomplishments, challenges & stories, is showing a The Commons Climbing Gym at 7pm. Tix are $15-$18 and you can byob!
- Sun March 12: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is at The Egyptian Theatre at 1:30pm. Tix are $10.
- Sun March 12: There's Something About Mary is at The Egyptian Theatre at 4:30pm. Tix are $10.
- All weekend: go see Oscar Nominated Shorts at The Flicks.
Monster Jam is happening all weekend at Idaho Center in Nampa. Go see monster trucks do monster truck things! There's multiple start times and pit parties, where you can see the trucks up close.
The 50th Anniversary Boise Roadster Show is happening all weekend at Expo Idaho in Garden City. Check out hot rods, customs cars, trucks, boats, classic cars, motorcycles and more!
Sponsored by ConvertKit
Attention local creators
The 2023 Craft + Commerce conference is happening June 8-10 right here in downtown Boise! It's a three-day event designed to help professional creators build relationships & learn about earning a living online from other pros who have been there before or are right in the same spot as you. Don't miss out, register now!
Tunes & shows
- TONIGHT: Dopapod + Yak Attack at The Olympic
- TONIGHT: Sam Henry Band at The Sapphire Room
- Fri March 10: Dark Desert Highway at The Sapphire Room
- Fri March 10: Smoker Dad + Ryan Curtis at Neurolux
- Fri March 10: Joe P at The Shredder
- Sat March 11: The Spring Kick-Off at The Shredder
- Sat March 11: Gary Tackett & Full Moon Rude Rock the Blues at The Sapphire Room
- Mon March 13: Walter Trout at The Egyptian
- Wed March 15: Free Throw + Can’t Swim + Equipment + Early Humans at The Shredder
- Wed March 15: Jeff Engelbert Band “An Evening of Southern Rock” at The Sapphire Room
Comedy & storytelling
I went to the comedy open mic at Mad Swede (downtown) last Thursday and it was soo good! Everyone was so funny - I expected more flops haha. Check it out sometime. It's free!
- Th-Sat March 9-11: Comedian Iris Benson is at Lounge at the End of the Universe for three nights. Tix are $20.
- Fri March 10: Check out The Riff, a stand up improv show at Mad Swede downtown. Tix are $20 online or $25 at the door. Starts at 6pm.
- Fri March 10: The Stand Up Strip Down Body Positive Comedy Show is happening at The Balcony. Starts at 8pm & tix are $30. 21+
- Sat March 11: Femme Fatale Comedy Show is happening at Mad Swede Brew Hall at 8:30pm. Tix are $20. These have been selling out so get your tix right meow.
- Sat Mar 11: Check out the Bread and Butter Comedy Show at Recycled Minds. The lineup features improv & storytellers. Tix are $5 for kids, $15 online & $20 at the door. Free parking!
- Sun March 12: BCT's Children's Reading Series is performing The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. Starts at 2pm & tix are $10 for kids & $15. cookies & milk included!
- Tue March 14: BCT's 5x5 Reading Series is performing Do You Feel Anger by Mara Nelson-Greenberg & directed by Lily Yasuda. Tix are $15 or $10 for people age 25 & under. Starts at 7pm.
- Wed March 15: Fresh Brewed Laughs! comedy show is happening at New Colony Brewing. Tix are $45-$25.
- Weekly comedy open mics: Mondays at Mad Swede (Cole Road), sign ups 7:30pm/start 8pm. Thursdays at Mad Swede (Downtown), online sign ups, starts at 8pm. Saturday at Mad Swede (Downtown), sign ups 10:30pm, start 11pm.
Food finds & things to drink
- New brewery alert: Brown Beard Brewing in Garden City is having its grand opening on Friday, March 10! Go check it out.
- New restaurant alert: Stardust Restaurant & Lounge just opened in the old Asiago's space in downtown Boise. It's got a great drink venue and 50s/MCM vibe. I went last week for a drink (the NA cocktail is very good) but the food looks delish!
- Fri March 10: Check out Ste Chapelle Speakeasy: The Grape Vine. Enjoy drinks that match the decade of secrecy and dress for the theme! Live music by Ellie Shaw. Tix are $20-$30.
- Sat March 11: Go to Dawson Taylor Morning Brew School and learn the science behind three coffee brewing methods while you practice your technique. Tix are $12.
- Wed March 15: Learn to turn honey into wine at the Mead Making Workshop at Boise Co-op on Eagle Road. It's $30 & includes everything you need to make your first batch of mead! 21+
- Wed March 15: Go to Brew School at Mad Swede Brew Hall. Enjoy a flight of beer picked by the brewmaster while he explains it all.
- March 10-18: It's Irish Pub Week at Powderhaus Brewing. Enjoy beer releases & live music.
Things to do
- Sat March 11: No New Vintage Market is having their last market of the winter! It's this Saturday at the Linen Building. Starts at 10am!
- Sat March 11: Join Womeness in the Wilderness for a weekend walk! It's a group for women to meet new friends & enjoy the outdoors. This Saturday the group is walking from Hyde Park to the Spirit of Idaho Women Sculpture. Leashed dogs welcome. It's free!
- Sun March 12: Need to rest before next week? I feel ya. Join Yoga for Women at the Zen Spot with Jillian Woods (a fellow From Boise reader). It's a special 2-hour yoga practice featuring 40 mins of flow yoga, 60 mins of restorative postures & a full 20min relaxation pose. Essential oils, a short head massage and hot tea top of the class to leave you feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated!
- Mon March 13: Join Weave + Pour, a branch weaving class at Push & Pour on the bench. It's $45 and includes a drink!
- Wed March 15: Join the meet up with Mayor Lauren McLean + Parks Director Doug Holloway at Foothills Learning Center. Come meet your mayor & parks director, ask questions, and learn about future plans for Boise. It's free!
- Next Sat March 18: Interested in drawing? Join A Pen, a Place, and James Castle: A Drawing Workshop with Maria Michurina. It's an all-abilities drawing class at the James Castle House. It's free! Space is limited so sign up asap.
- Now - March 25: BCT is performing Tiny Beautiful Things, a play based on the book by Cheryl Strayed. It showing multiple times on Wednesdays-Sundays until March 25.
Just trust me...
Thanks for reading!
With love from Boise,
Click here to read & share this story!
Love this newsletter? I'm so glad! You can keep it going by supporting it here.